Author Topic: Coys at Blenheim Palace  (Read 77945 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Coys at Blenheim Palace
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »
 ...and the best place for it say's I if the prototype is indeed heading back to the island!  :)

Fret ye not Marcus, Pashley photos have indeed been collected. I'm just about to start uploading today's photos off the camera so stay tuned for a few on here either tonight or tomorrow morning. I've been asked by Chris to do a report on the auction for RCN so he'll be geting a few of the photos in due course for publication. How about you Jim, you want a report & some photos for Microcar News too?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
Great stuff Stuart, cheers. Yes, it will be great if it's true that No 1 is heading home, so unlikely that I want cast iron FACT before I believe it, I was sure it would go to USA, Japan or Germany. Aside from the curio and historical value I am not a great Peel fan, but No. 1 would be great to have here!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 06:11:01 PM »
HERE ? isle of Man(n) doesnt consider itself HERE marcus  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 06:16:05 PM »
OK, British Isles !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2012, 07:16:17 PM »
right sort of price for the Tourette  ? or did that go a little cheaply ? wheres it gone ? wonder if my mate from Wirral got the Pashley , i know he mentioned he was after it  
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:30:58 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2012, 07:26:08 PM »
Now I regret even more that I didn't bid on the big auction in 2008.   There were some real steals there.
Only ones I tried for that I came anywhere near their selling price in this auction were the Scootacar and the Messershmitt.  Were these also the only ones that sold for more than their projected values?

The one that I was most excited about was the Tourette when they had the projected value down around 4 or 5 thousand GBP.  Unfortunately they came to their senses and raised their prediction just in time for the buyers to have more reason to do same.  Bob's efforts have been vindicated.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
Shuuuuush!!! Steve, remember you signed the official secrets act! ;)

I think 15K is cheap for a Tourette, only two survivors, all British egg shaped microcar, someones had a bargain, I do hope its Wayne, that way I hope to get to crawl all over it some time and take copious notes! Also it would be nice for it to stay in the country. Does anyone know who bought it?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2012, 08:24:41 PM »
only two survivors ? i bet in 5 years or so there are more  ;)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »
How about you Jim, you want a report & some photos for Microcar News too?

If possible, yes.  I think I will have a different take on this too. (more on that at a later date)
I thought the prices were quite fair to be honest.
I would have a personally paid a bit more for a few of them like the Tourette or the KR175, but I have no money to spend, probably because I pay too much for things!

If I had gobs of money I figure I would pay crazy money for many things as I do now,
but I also figure that if I actually HAD gobs of money... I might not be so carefree with it.

I think that when people that speculate on what the value of something is, they do so with their "imaginary money".
When "real money" is used....the results may vary.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 09:24:03 PM »
Cor! Not a bad investment over 35/36 years.

Sorry Bob but there are three genuine Tourettes about and I've heard that there's maybe a genuine body in pieces somewhere.
Rob.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:47:21 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »
Have it your way Rob but we only know the where abouts of two so thats all I'm counting!  [correction, we only know the where abouts of one now since this afternoon!]

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
As far as Jean and myself know there are Two in Kent. There were three until the auction.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:50:07 PM by Rob Dobie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »
Agreed Rob but the Second one in Kent has been lost track of.

Hey You are not the mystery buyer are you? Bought your old car back? Wouldnt that be something!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:00:24 PM by Bob Purton »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2012, 10:02:05 PM »
Sold overseas I expect for 50p.  I can see them being made in China right now.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:16:36 PM by Rob Dobie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2012, 10:08:52 PM »
The story I heard was that the owner turned up at Jeans and registered the car with RUM but he was in the middle of a house move at the time, that was the last anyone heard from the chap. Just think, it could still be languishing in a shed out there unappreciated!