Author Topic: Thanks Jim  (Read 2792 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Thanks Jim
« on: July 12, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
I like the "Play nice" advice! I thought it might be nice to discuss having an "Off Topic" thread and made a post about it  on "Announcements", and Jim just set it up!

If you missed my Announcement, I suggested it might be nice to have an area where people could discuss things like perhaps planes, trains, non-micro cars and anything else related to Transport and Travels, so perhaps visits to Museums, motorbikes, ships, and even other peoples' hobbies and interests.

Probably best to keep it free of arguments about Politics, Religion etc., which do cause rows on some Forums, and I assume this is what Jim means by "Play nice". Hope no-one minds this addition, and hope it stays friendly.

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
All Hail New Moderator Marcus
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »
Since this was your idea, you get to be Moderator for this board.
You'll figure it out.
Don't let the power go to your head, take it out on your drums...

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Thanks Jim
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
Cheers Jim, we'll see how things go, and I will start proceedings soon!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Thanks Jim
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 08:56:44 AM »

Probably best to keep it free of arguments about Politics, Religion etc., which do cause rows on some Forums, and I assume this is what Jim means by "Play nice". Hope no-one minds this addition, and hope it stays friendly.

Would this be because it is thought that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired? I'm certainly not! And I am sick and tired of being told that I am!
  Yet there are other people who are convinced that the vast majority of wrong thinking people are right.
  (Classic close to Hitler discussion - Graham Chapman, MPFC).
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs