Author Topic: Kent and East Sussex Railway  (Read 14999 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Kent and East Sussex Railway
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
cysyllte- junctions or links - the spans ? if you do ever go there would love to meet up and you can hold my hand  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
We must stop meeting like this!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
actually you can go on a short trip encompassing this or hire a day boat - not cheap, from the Trevor base immediately at the end of the aquaduct - got the T shirt
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Dear Marcus

The tow path accross the bridge looks wide enough to drive a Microcar along. So if walking over the viaduct gives you collywobbles perhaps they may allow you to drive over it?

Either that or you could put your bubblecar on the barge and ferry accross the Viaduct.

It would make a great photo.

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »
The width looks just about achievable, as long as no pedestrians come the other way! I did see a photo of a Trojan (David Hambleton's?) being pushed up onto a specially made platform on a Narrow Boat in an old Heinkel Trojan Club mag. Somewhere I have some pics of DUF in places where normal cars cannot get.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
DEar Marcus

In the same way that some people do extreme Ironing and photograph themselves doing it (ironing)
perhaps we could start Extreme Micro driving, by taking Microcars where they have never been seen before, and photographing them doing it. ( no photo shop trickery please).

Suggestions: On a roof top, Up a tree, On a canal barge, In a cave complex, Traveling along a railway line, At the top of a water park slide. There must be thousands more.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »
maybe chris but we cant always be putting micro items here really as some will not be looking off topic  . start a new topic under general

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
How about a Topic for those of us who haven't got a microcar anymore.  ;D  Like I eat cheese and jam together on a weetabix. ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 11:09:51 PM »
Dear Richard

I must apologise for going off topic. I could not help myself

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2012, 01:12:15 AM »
DEar Marcus

In the same way that some people do extreme Ironing and photograph themselves doing it (ironing)
perhaps we could start Extreme Micro driving, by taking Microcars where they have never been seen before, and photographing them doing it. ( no photo shop trickery please).

Suggestions: On a roof top, Up a tree, On a canal barge, In a cave complex, Traveling along a railway line, At the top of a water park slide. There must be thousands more.

Chris Thomas

Balanced on a Policeman's head, perhaps not.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:19:00 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
I posted a photo on Drive It Day 2 years ago of my Trojan and Goggo's Heinkel Ireland parked beside the old dock at Curry Seas, and although it would not be obvious from the photos that was a place normal cars cannot get to as there are big metal posts to stop cars going beyond the car park area. Enough room for a micro to get through though!
In greenwich once Squeak and I found ourselves on a road which had been blocked off so we could not get back onto the main road. There was a cycle lane though, and although I scuffed a white-wall insert on one tyre I did manage to squeeze through. The main road was choc a bloc, but a man in a Jeep Cheroke saw my cheeky manoeuver and started waving and cheering and a few others joined in. He stayed put holding back the traffic for a few seconds so I could get into the road. Lots of friendly waves and thumbs up!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
rather inspired by yesterdays chat i went for a ride this morning to see if North Wales is still where it should be - it is . away by 06.30 and just back 12.00. a really great blast down the A55 to Caernarfon aprox. 90 miles and back down mainy the old A55 pre-dual carriageway route . what takes 90 mins nowadays used to be a full day trip on route for our hols . we used to go as kids with mum and four of us and two dogs in her almond green mini countryman . one of us used to have the job of sitting in the front minding the temperature gauge as the 850cc engine would boil over several times on the way in queues that went for miles and miles .
i stopped off at Conway for tea and toast - silver tea pot,milk jug and water !, and Llandudno to take the Triumph to the top of the Great Orme for the first time the cable cars werent running as i went up but after enjoying the view for a bit when i went back down 09.30 they were. Llandudno looked on cracking form by the way dinghies,windsurfers and paragliders all spotted . 
a lovely morning  :) :) :)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
Sounds great!

When we came back from USA in 1969 Dad bought an old Rover P4 100 then we moved to a bigger house out in the boondocks so he bought a 2nd car for Mum, a 1959 848cc royal blue Countryman with a roof slate over the rust hole in the driver's floor. I learned to drive in that, and a friend's A30, then it eventually became my car until it faded away. Did us proud. Dad still had Rover, then bought a beige 998 Countryman, again did us proud for a while. Then I got my first job and bought a 4 year old 1972 Mini Clubman Estate, did me proud, had a road race against a friend in County Cork. He had 12 in his Citroen GS Club, I have back seat folded, 2 in front and seven lying on top of each other in the back!

Those 3 mini estates could take drum kit, guitars, bass, and amps to gigs, fantastic little wagons!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »
2794 TU where are you now ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 06:11:31 PM »
you will wait a long time for a smile from me - did one in march so not due for one for a while now