Author Topic: Kent and East Sussex Railway  (Read 15004 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Kent and East Sussex Railway
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 06:19:19 PM »
Nice bike
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
will you still hold my hand on the aquaduct  ;D it terrifies me
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
No, you can ride your Triumph on the footpath!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »
can't manage to turn back the topic to micro's but can connect triumph motorcycles to canals . on one the families many canal holidays we spotted this famous triumph combination being loaded onto a barge . who's was it - see the second picture - they were filming . can you tell who it is yet ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »
A "Fat Lady"? I don't know their names, but those chefs.

Down the road from me is Imperial War Museum, and they have T.E. Lawrence's Brough Superior. Wow! I know diddly-squat about bikes, but know when I am looking at a nice one. I have ridden a few mopeds and scooters and a Triumph tiger Cub and BSA Bantam.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »
shouldnt have put the second pic. on i realised too late that the bikes reg. was a bit of a clue  ;)
that is clarissa dickson wright her  partner in crime was the late jennifer paterson

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »
A few years ago I was at Gatwick checking in for a flight to Dallas and beside me in the First Class queue was an unmistakableperson with a BBC crew, wearing a burgundy blazer. He always looks a bit of a mess on his TV shows, but in the flesh he is surprisingly big, and laooks like a few big bags of taters piled on two stilts. I committed the sight to memory and as soon as I got away from the queue I did this sketch:

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260/Captain_Bubble/SDC11183.jpg

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
alexei sayle ?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 09:17:56 PM »
He and his show have numerous TV World Records, like longest running series, oldest presenter, presenter of more shows than anyone, longest running series with original presenter, more prestigious guests than any other show, more exotic locations than any other show...etc etc etc. A real Star!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »
The width looks just about achievable, as long as no pedestrians come the other way! I did see a photo of a Trojan (David Hambleton's?) being pushed up onto a specially made platform on a Narrow Boat in an old Heinkel Trojan Club mag. Somewhere I have some pics of DUF in places where normal cars cannot get.

Found them:

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260/Captain_Bubble/Drive%20it%20Day%20for%20classic%20cars%201742011/

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »
of course - spot on patrick moore .great pics the've been on before - like patrick moore  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »
Patrick Moore ought to be the first person put to rest by being put in orbit in a visible satellite rather than some over earning geezer.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »
Dear Marcus

The tow path accross the bridge looks wide enough to drive a Microcar along. So if walking over the viaduct gives you collywobbles perhaps they may allow you to drive over it?

Either that or you could put your bubblecar on the barge and ferry accross the Viaduct.

It would make a great photo.

Chris Thomas

Hate to put a downer on things but you are not allowed to have motorized transport on a towpath without dispensation. Sir John Knill did to drive his Schmitt alongside the Kennet and Avon to his house near Bathavon. You need a license to ride a bicycle on a towpath. You could ride a horse over!

I have walked the gunwale of a 70 footer over the unrailed side of the viaduct and I am no fan of heights either. Its a right of passage, especially after my mothers cooking.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »
You are right about the Law Al, but there are still occasional opportunities for a bit of cheekily ignoring rules. I will have to try to find the photo of DUF up by one of the small docks on Rotherhithe Street. I found a route in while cycling, and although normal cars are forbidden and too big, I just managed to get DUF up there. The staff at the adjacent hotel came out as I was getting ready to nab a quick photo and I thought there would be trouble, but they just wanted to have a look and a chat. Obviously I would not do anything to cause any harm or obstruction, but a bit of cheek is all part of bubbling!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
You are right about the Law Al, but there are still occasional opportunities for a bit of cheekily ignoring rules. I will have to try to find the photo of DUF up by one of the small docks on Rotherhithe Street. I found a route in while cycling, and although normal cars are forbidden and too big, I just managed to get DUF up there. The staff at the adjacent hotel came out as I was getting ready to nab a quick photo and I thought there would be trouble, but they just wanted to have a look and a chat. Obviously I would not do anything to cause any harm or obstruction, but a bit of cheek is all part of bubbling!

Challange. Get a Microcar in the new cable car doobrey across the Thames?