Author Topic: micro car events 100 miles away from Kent  (Read 9676 times)

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
micro car events 100 miles away from Kent
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
As i now have a Peel P50 i would like to take it to some micro car events but the have to be close to kent and i wondered if the people on the forum could help me ???
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: micro car events 100 miles away from Kent
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »
kent ? is the french rally nearer ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »
yer but i don`t want to travel to France for a bubble car rally :P
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:10:19 AM »
why not ??! ...
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:46:55 AM »
It cannot be for 'foreigners', Jean-do, as Britain is packed full of them. Can I say that these days or do I get arrested?

I believe there was a Microcar date list plus loose other details posted on this very website. Sadly most events are down the East coast of Britain and the nearest to Kent is probably Great Yarmouth. Suddenly France does not sound so bad. You could go Dutch but they tend to expect some serious mileage to be covered. Famously a Peel Trident and piloting couple drove to one of these, took part and returned with only minor drama. It is certainly not an event for sitting in deckchairs. We are now in the loop for Belgium next year. Our near European chums are providing a great selection of offerings and it is a source of frustration to me be so disorganised to not attend.

Otherwise I think you are looking at your local county type shows which might attract a group of Micronauts, Bromley has gone I think. Kent is too awkward a place to get to from here, given my proximity to 360 degrees of events, so I could not say what others your local guys go to.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
I was going to mention the Amberley microcar and scooter rally, but I think it's gone a few weeks back, oh well one for next year then.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:03:47 PM by blob »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
Do they still do the West Kent run with motorcycles, micros and bubbles? Tonbridge and Paddock Wood area if I recall.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 06:13:01 PM »
this made me think . the americans won't think we have a right to complain , but i have in 25 years only been to one rally that was UNDER 100 miles from home and thats years ago - weston park .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 07:05:34 AM »
Was that why Weston Parks were perhaps the best rallies in hindsight? Richard was not tired out after a long drive.

The reason events should move round a bit to share out the mileage covered and attendance. A trade off, though, against finding and breaking in premier venues over a known quantity offering good results. Often wonder if a favoured great central venue should not feature every second year with the shuttle north and south every second and fourth year in turn allowing experimentation yet a firm financial footing on a traditional meeting ever second year. Not sure rally organisation is quite so predictably furnished with organisers for that now though even if it were thought a good idea.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Weston Park, well is still remember. A beautiful place to go. I have been there  1988, 1989, 1990, and i really enjoyed it.
Then, two times Billing aquadrom. We slept in an abandoned caravan. I still own the commemoration badges, that i am just watching. Time flies mates ! :o

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »
An "abandond caravan" Ferdi?  Thats what we call a four star hotel here in Blighty! :D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »
Well Bob, the four star hotel was nice as far as i can remember. Bit shabby  ;D  but it was for free.
Some brits turned up at night to share some bottles of beer. Loads of laughter we had.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
Then, two times Billing aquadrom. We slept in an abandoned caravan. I still own the commemoration badges, that i am just watching. Time flies mates ! :o

Our gang knew about Billing and it was not our sort of place really. We therefore made use of a chums empty house some 20 miles distant, just down the road from the shortest Zebra crossing in the country. Somewhere there is a pic of us doing a Beatles on it with a bag of pet onion rings. Proved a really good laugh over the weekend up there. Conversely Billing split those attending into those who liked it and those that did not. It was really, in hindsight, the beginning of the departure from Microcars in general driving to the event, or at least doing serious miles, in favour of a less demanding sort of gathering featuring more trailing and sophisticated mobile accommodation with the demand for support facilities on tap nearby to suit over that of nutters belting about in stupid cars. Thereafter the older hands on guys became scarcer in general save for special years like Bob or Tony's Rallies. Ancient history now and both Bob and Tony are effectively living in France outside general Micronautical activity.

john p

• Occasional
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
The West Kent Run is this weekend  August  02nd to the 07th   details can be found on the VMCC   website.