Author Topic: What is this? nobel?  (Read 53031 times)

rettus72

• Occasional
What is this? nobel?
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »
Can anyone help me with this? I know it is a nobel, and i think it is a 1959. My dad has had it for years, and i recently inherited it. I was in contact with the nobel registry, and i was told it was possibly for an auto show.
thanks in advance,
Joel

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: What is this? nobel?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »
H. Its a Nobel pickup. It wasnt very successful, I believe some were sold to holiday camps and alike for running folk around it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:01:34 PM by Bob Purton »

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply, how many do you think were made? were they produced by Yorke Noble? any additional information or brochures or articles would be great.
Thanks again in advance.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »
Where's our resident expert Jonathan?

http://www.nobel200.com/
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »
Do you have any log book with your vehicle or a Registration No.?  Have you been in touch with Mike Ayriss (michael.ayriss@talktalk.net) who looks after the Nobel section of the Register of Unusual Microcars?  I know we have one or two of these models on the Register and it would interesting to know if this was one of them.  If it is not please let Alastair Lauchland have the details about the car that you have so that it may be Registered with us.  If you go on to the home page of our web site you will find details of how to do this.  Once you are you have a Registered car you will have access to our archives  and we may be able to introduce you to a fellow owner.  You will also find there is Nobel page in each issue of RUMCAR NEWS written by Mike Ayriss which gives information on all manner of Nobel variants. for instance the current issue has picture of Bambi, the South American version of your vehicle. There is a lot more to RUM CARS (The Register of Unusual Microcars) than the Forum!  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »
That is good news, i beleive i have given him the number some years back. I will try and track it down again and verify. once again, thanks for the great site and great information.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
Where's our resident expert Jonathan?

http://www.nobel200.com/
Jonathan may be the expert resident expert on the Forum but Michael Ayriss should not be forgotton.  HE is the expert who so ably handles the Nobel section of Register of Unusual Microcars and has a Nobel page in each issue of RUMCAR NEWS giving history, technical information and spares availability. Jean.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »
Jonathan the Nob anorak is busy cutting the grass with a ride on mower and his MP3 player plugged into his head. We've got a lot of grass, so be patient. I won't tell him now, or the rest of the grass won't get done.         Nick,  his dad.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
Where are you Joel, in UK or elsewhere ? I have a standard Nobel that gets used a few times each week. My sons car is more of a project, but if you've seen his site you'll know all about that.                 Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
Can anyone help me with this? I know it is a nobel, and i think it is a 1959. My dad has had it for years, and i recently inherited it. I was in contact with the nobel registry, and i was told it was possibly for an auto show.
thanks in advance,
Joel

Hey Joel,

I vaguely remember having contact with you, if I remember you were in the USA?

The only details of surviving Nobel Pickups I know of are the following:

chassis 0027, in UK and chassis 0030 in UK aswell

That probably means that Mike Ayriss doesnt have your car on the register.

How many made? Not many, but I can;t tell for sure.

I am pretty sure tje bars on the back of your car have been modified. Each original picture of them seems to have different bars.

At least 5 have been built (not counting yours, because yours may be one from one of these pictures)

You may also enjoy this clip http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/micr0film/Films%20about%20Microcars/?action=view&current=95_18.mp4

Nobel Vicky in it!

JP

PS: The last picture is a Fuldamobil. However, it was the prototype fulda/nobel pickup sent to Peter York Noble to copy for the Nobels.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »
May find these interesting aswell. First one is the Nobel "Sporty" prototype. Sevond is a Bambi Sporty Pickup, third is an Attica Cabriolleta!
Mopeds:

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »
There was a Nobel 200 4-wheeler convertible advertised for sale in the Aug 10th 1961 issue of Motor Cycling by Two Strokes Ltd of Church Road, Stanmore. Only £99! Wonder if this might have been a pickup.

Who are the nobel registry? (I assumed this was Mike Ayriss) I think we should be told!
Malcolm

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 04:43:19 PM »
There was a Nobel 200 4-wheeler convertible advertised for sale in the Aug 10th 1961 issue of Motor Cycling by Two Strokes Ltd of Church Road, Stanmore. Only £99! Wonder if this might have been a pickup.

Who are the nobel registry? (I assumed this was Mike Ayriss) I think we should be told!

hmmm could have also been a sunroof car (I have only seen 1 original picture of one, but never seen anything mentionned in adverts!), but more likely one of the pickup things!

Yep,
Nobel Register = Mike Ayriss
Nobel Anorak = Jonathan  ;D
Mopeds:

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
Dear Rusty Chrome

If you read Rumcar News, in almost every edition Mike Ayriss write a Nobel Register report.

Well worth a good read.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 06:01:35 PM »
Dear Rusty Chrome

If you read Rumcar News, in almost every edition Mike Ayriss write a Nobel Register report.

Dear Chris

I already said that! ??? Perhaps I'm missing something. rettus72 stated in his first post he is in contact with the Nobel Registry and Jean said he should also get in touch with Mike Ayriss as well.
Malcolm