Author Topic: What is this? nobel?  (Read 53033 times)

Joe Curl

• Just Starting
Re: What is this? nobel?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Hi Joel

This is incredibly exciting!  It's finally provoked me to sign up to the Forum!  When you say:

...The only history i know on it is that he purchased it before 1970, from his boss, the owner of the company...

do you mean the owner of the company as in the company that made the Nobels?  Would that be Mr York Nobel himself?  Or perhaps I have misunderstood.  Do you know how the vehicle ended up in America?

I recall someone telling me years ago that York Nobel went to live in the US after his adventures with small cars so it might fit...

Cheers

Joe

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »
Jonathan, they all have aluminium bodies! Fronts anyway,  the sides are usually steel as I recall.

True, the front being more akin to pre S7 Fuldas, all of which have Ali bodies, then that of a standard Nobel,. Great to see some additional pics from those originally posted on the Yahoo group some years back, Joel. As far as I know there are 3 in existence though Mike Ayriss may know otherwise. Interesting also, too see your car is painted the same as the dash, I'd be interested in the formula if you're going to mix an identical colour, having only a tiny patch of original metallic paint to go by on my own dash, Hammerite is close though I feel a little dark!

Hey Mike,

I thought the original paint WAS hammerite, having the same standard dark hammerite bluye colour, and hammerite effect finish? It's definitally what I will use, since we have some spare hammerite blue paint!

I had a few remains of original paint, and it did look the same as hammerite blue.

It's weird that the pickups had different dashboard aswell!

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »
Sorry for the confusion, no it was not at the nobel plant, it was in the USA. once again sorry for the confusion.

Joel

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »

... again more akin to a pre S7 Fulda, anyway blue Hammerite was as close to the original colour Mike ayriss could offer, but the remnants of paint on the back of both my dashboards are shade lighter, at some point I'll have them matched but if this Vicky was in mid restoration and Joel had the formular then it's another job off my list, though all irrelivent as I'm in the middle of a building site and the cars are in storage!  :D

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »

... again more akin to a pre S7 Fulda, anyway blue Hammerite was as close to the original colour Mike ayriss could offer, but the remnants of paint on the back of both my dashboards are shade lighter, at some point I'll have them matched but if this Vicky was in mid restoration and Joel had the formular then it's another job off my list, though all irrelivent as I'm in the middle of a building site and the cars are in storage!  :D

Both your dashboards? Lucky you, I've had a few people ask me for ddashboards!
Mopeds:

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
My spare has a corner missing! I had the same discussion with your dad at one point. I was initially collecting for two cars, but I've since sold most of my surplus on.

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »
Thanks for all the great information, Once i start the project, i will be sure to give updates.

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 07:39:07 AM »
So i was wondering after looking at the articles on the nobel, it appeares that there are two rear wheels instead of one, like mine. Are the other two from the UK a 4 wheel or 3 wheel version?
thanks

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 09:17:03 AM »
Of the two Vicky's/Sportys I know of in the UK, both are single rear wheeled, Mike Ayriss may know otherwise. There are 4 wheeled Nobels in the UK but they're the standard Model.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
Found this pic on my PC :)
Mopeds:

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 04:31:52 AM »
great, thanks

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »
Does anyone have any pictures of one with a single rear wheel?
Also what is something like this valued at?
thanks joel

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of one with a single rear wheel?
Also what is something like this valued at?
thanks joel

No pics, sorry.

Value? I don;t think there worth much at all.

Check how much this one ended for. Didnt sell, but that is the price people wanted to pay.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/FULDA-MOBIL-/120957490609?pt=Automobile&hash=item1c29a0d5b1#ht_500wt_948

One in your condition would be less. It is ibvously more interesting being a pickup, but not sure if worth more, since its less practical.

Seeing whaty I think its worth, it's probably best to hang on to it anyway.

JP
Mopeds:

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply. It will be a blast getting it up and running again. Thanks to all for the great information, and i will give updates as soon as i start.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »
Hi Joel
          You have got a rare machine - the two I've seen in the UK both have double rear wheels not single like your car - When I was editor of RUM car news I did an article on the Nobel Vicky it was No 50 Autumn 1996 past copies are availble from Jean Hammond and she will take a photocopy of her Mag - There is a photograph of a Nobel Vicky on the cover and qeustions and answers in the Mag - Including a letter from York Noble dated 16 April 1960 where he is exibiting the Nobels at the New York show he took across two Cars a Saloon and a Pick up ( yours could be the pick up !!! ) . They were difficult to sell in the UK and only a handfull survive - I am told that the remainder were sold to a holiday camp in South Africa. - I sent all the photographs of the Nobel including a lineup of the Nobel Vicky to Mike Alriss have you talked to him yet about your car. Value wise you have a rare car and I would put a value of £15,000 + on it if it was mine - Hope that helps you.
                                                                                                                                                       Mike
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:20:09 AM by g-o-g-g-o »