Author Topic: Villiers exhaust pipe.  (Read 25997 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Villiers exhaust pipe.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »
I WAS joking Richard! :D    I dont belong to any car clubs at all now, only the moped club.

Hehe arent mopeds for teenagers? I thought big bikes were for older people ;)

Talking about mopeds, I got my Peugeot working better than ever, thansk to my dad!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
Not where I come from Jonathan. You see, years before you were a twinkle in your fathers eye and Britain was a poor country recovering from WW2 working men of all ages had to commute to the factory by bicycle, as things got more prosperous they were able to afford mopeds, now these old men feel some  nostalgia for there old mopeds and are enjoying riding them. I am sometimes the youngest person on our club rides, just a boy of 57!  More recently people a little younger than me who rode sports mopeds in the 1970's are on there own nostalgia trip and are buying the bikes they had when teenagers like Yamaha fizzies and Girelli tiger cross's. You are too young to understand nostalgia but one day you will. I have to lament though that nostalgia isn't what it used to be!!  Boom Boom!!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 06:42:43 AM »
Not where I come from Jonathan. You see, years before you were a twinkle in your fathers eye and Britain was a poor country recovering from WW2 working men of all ages had to commute to the factory by bicycle, as things got more prosperous they were able to afford mopeds, now these old men feel some  nostalgia for there old mopeds and are enjoying riding them. I am sometimes the youngest person on our club rides, just a boy of 57!  More recently people a little younger than me who rode sports mopeds in the 1970's are on there own nostalgia trip and are buying the bikes they had when teenagers like Yamaha fizzies and Girelli tiger cross's. You are too young to understand nostalgia but one day you will. I have to lament though that nostalgia isn't what it used to be!!  Boom Boom!!

Hehe I know fully what you mean. I have the same with old video games. When I was even younger, I used to play the original Gameboy (1989), with all of the best games at the time. The problem is, that technology is advancing so quick, now you get games with lifelike graphics! I miss the old games, so now I have a mint original Gameboy in box that I bought for 0.50£, worth maybe 50£ !

Problem is, what will I be buying when I'm older, if I'm already using old stuff ;)

I don;t see why I would ever sell the Peugeot Moped, Schmitt or Nobel, because the Peugeot is probably worth just over 200£, nothing much, I prefer keeping it for that price, Nobels obviously my first car, and the Schmitt, well its my first schmitt!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
Hello Bob, Yes, sports mopeds from the 70's. I has an SS50 on the road on my 16th birthday, then a KTM I bought for 50p. I had to buy a new exhaust down pipe for £7 though. It was a bullet proof bike. I made many trip on it to Bournemouth to strip a dumpede I setta I found in a car park. ( I hope it was dumped ! ). I always wanted a Gerelli Record or Tiger Cross. My mate had a Puch Grand Prix that was the best bike around. Even had a rev counter !          Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »
PEDANTS CORNER

Anyone expecting to google the mopeds that bob and nick are talking about could always try GARELLI  :) otherwise you wont find anything ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 03:08:07 PM »
PEDANTS CORNER

Anyone expecting to google the mopeds that bob and nick are talking about could always try GARELLI  :) otherwise you wont find anything ;)

SWAT!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 03:11:25 PM »
Hello Bob, Yes, sports mopeds from the 70's. I has an SS50 on the road on my 16th birthday, then a KTM I bought for 50p. I had to buy a new exhaust down pipe for £7 though. It was a bullet proof bike. I made many trip on it to Bournemouth to strip a dumpede I setta I found in a car park. ( I hope it was dumped ! ). I always wanted a Gerelli Record or Tiger Cross. My mate had a Puch Grand Prix that was the best bike around. Even had a rev counter !          Nick.

I was a year or two older than most of my pals back then and while they were riding there sports mopeds I had a Tiger cub, Ariel Arrow and a Kurkopp Diana, the Diana was by far the most reliable of the three!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 03:15:24 PM »
They are all here:-

http://www.icenicam.ukfsn.org/gallery/pfan.html

This page is Fantic (my friends Caballero at the top)  the famous Fantic Chopper underneath was just too expensive for us at the time but so cool.

I made do with my Puch MS50D but I did have a Garelli Tiger Cross for  about an hour.  Would love to have one now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:57:09 PM by Isetta_Owner »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: things we want
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
I want one of these.

The scooter would be nice to have as well.  Note the propellor at the front that powers it.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
Dear Jim

Good for slicing through the traffic.

Chris Thomas

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
I didn't see the propeller at first. Too busy looking at the hooters.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
I didn't see the propeller at first. Too busy looking at the hooters.  ;D

That would be the unusual three bladed French moped L'Abbe Trois, wouldn't it?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs