Author Topic: Bond wheels (and tyres) wanted  (Read 3713 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
Bond wheels (and tyres) wanted
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »
I am looking for 2 bond mark D to G wheels and maybe tyres (if i am lucky). I am in the bond owners club but these are for my frisky and they prefer there spares go on to bonds and i totally understand.If anyone out there has any i am prepared to pay good money for them or maybe swap for some frisky spares i have.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Bond wheels (and tyres) wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »
Not sure which ones fit the Frisky, but the Bond Mk G has different sized wheels & tyres (4 x 10 inch) than the other Minicars (4 x 8 inch)
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:36:49 PM »
Its the 10" wheels i am after so it must be mark G. Thanks for the info.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »
Malc I assume you are in touch with John Meadows of the Frisky Register because he is the best persopn to advise you on all things Frisky.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 07:31:54 PM »
Yes Jean we are in constant contact and he has been fantastic help. He is one of the good people. It does not matter what condition they are in and am not fussed about any tyres but i am hoping someone on the forum has some in the back of a shed.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:01:26 AM »
What tyres are we talking. I have various well treaded old 4.40 by 10 or even a few 4.80 by 10 but most of these will not be suitable for road use simply because they are old.

I believe there are still small 10 inch tyres available new.
More Michelin were found in Italy and bought over, but your talking money as they are a good tyre. Ian Frankland at Taffspeed.
There was a Kings or Bridgestone 4.00 by 10 available, which I think the Trojan guys were using. It is quite a nice bulky tyre belying its narrower section. Nick Haddon will know all about that.
Uwe Staufenberg stocks tyres for Goggomobil in Germany, which will fit.
For MIni tyres there are two cheap sources. One mail order in Workington and the other on eBay in Spilsby, Lincs. Both sell Falken at around £28 - £30 delivered. I fear the 5.20 section is to big for a Frisky though. Also being radial the handling will be different ie they grip better so it is easier to flip the car as no warning skid, squeal or juddering. Radials need more power to drive too as they deform giving a softer ride. They work out well on a Goggo but not without some modification to prevent restricting the lock of the steering and rear clearance but that is a four wheeler. Nonetheless you can reach critical swing arm inebriation attack before you know it, as again, no real warning from the tyres.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
The tyres fitted to my existing wheels are 4.40 by 10 so if you have 2 that are well tredded could you email me prices please.Al, do you have any wheels please. 
The reason i need 2 more is that this frisky had 6 wheels when it did the Monte Carlo run and although i have the adaptors, i do not have the second set of wheels. 

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »
I can not make it to the national this year so if anyone sees 2 bond minicar mark G wheels can they please get them for me and i will make it worth there while. I would arrange collection and payment so it would not be any hassle. Thank you all in anticipation.