Author Topic: I went racing!  (Read 10402 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: I went racing!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
Perhaps we ought to have the under 100cc Micro Le Mans with a race who can go the furthest round a circuit over 24 minutes! Oops, back to having the NMCR at a venue with a Kart track.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
Re: I went racing!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »
A Humble Snifter Snoop Estate no less. A rare beast.

The owner (and team captain) found it rusting away on a llama ranch near Rancho Cucamonga.  He came up with the name Team Tinworm and affixed oversized toy rubber insect larvae to it in celebration of its heritage.  Unfortunately one of the other drivers rolled it on the second day of the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuw-VV6SDeA

The owner has a parts car, however, so he's fairly sure he can piece it back together.

Out of the three cars to event in I would take the 96.

The MGB is by far the best racer of the three but the 96 is probably the most fun to wrangle around a track.  (I may be biased towards my own car on that point.)  The Super Snipe is delightful but a bit unnerving in the corners.

LE MANS !!

That's a similar race over there in Europe, right?
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway