Author Topic: beaulieu autumn 2012  (Read 2353 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
beaulieu autumn 2012
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:28 AM »
mike (g-o-g-g-o )and i had the usual frantic and enjoyable weekend . we had very  succesful trading and great crack . meeting past and present owners of everything from messerschmitts through coronets and even a rare Bond G van.
also found the usual bits and bobs  ;) of micro parts though less than last year the trading made up for this . continuing my efforts de clutter house ang garage i sold all my 16 petrol cans and 3 large oil cans - makes a BIG hole in the garage - now then .......  ;)
oh by the way WASN'T IT HOT THIS WEEKEND !!
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: beaulieu autumn 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:48:49 AM »
Sounds good! Goggo had offered me a ticket and I certainly would have liked to go, but work and family matters got in the way as usual!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: beaulieu autumn 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:41:12 AM »
Ay. He was being free with the spare tickets. It was a busy weekend though with conflicting attractions before private distractions. I to failed to take advantage, but the thought was nice. Reports filtering back. Seems that Moto Guzzi parts were virtually non existent at either venue. All enjoyed the great weather and a little overdue, I think, as there have been a few wet or gusty years recently. Though heat has a tendency to slow the buyers down over the day as the nation is not used to plodding 9 miles in it looking for junk to buy. You cannot have perfect conditions, just like talking to a farmer.

Root could find no one from here going to Beaulieu with an empty seat either, so missed out on both that and National. Sounds like he needs a roadworthy car more than we do as he tends to be the one wanting to attend these activities on a regular basis! Oh to be younger!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs