Author Topic: Dutch Trojan 200 and Bond Bug  (Read 3337 times)

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
Dutch Trojan 200 and Bond Bug
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »
Hi there, I'm new here, although I do know a few people around here. I have a 1963 Trojan 200 that my dad bought in 1970. On the picture below you can see my mum in the Trojan behind a friends Heinkel and she has me (just born) in here arms. The Trojan was my very first rebuild when I was 16. It was not a very good job and a few years later It was parked in the back of the garage when The engine exploded... Since the I've owned to many cars to mention, mostly small and big Reliant, from the Regal mkII 1954 to Mk6, Regent, TW9 and many more. Had loads of fun but said goodbye to many of my cars... to much is to much... Although I will be keeping the brilliant Fox and Scimitar GTE and a few Kitten based Cipher prototypes. To make a long story short, my interest has come back to the Trojan and my plan is to get it back on the road in the next few month. The engine is already rebuild and I have most of the parts. I have almost non of the original upholstery. I do have a new loom, new tyres and brand new bumpers in stock so it can't be to much work to get it going again. Now my question: where to go for bits and parts?  I will need to replace all rubbers for the windows, door, hinges etc. Also the brake-parts need rebuild... btw I'm almost 40 now so it's about time!

Thomas

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:03:43 PM by thomast »
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Dutch Trojan 200 and Bond Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
Hello and welcome, nice pics and story about your car. I too have a Trojan which I brought back to life with a lot of help from friends, people here, and the Heinkel Trojan Club:

http://www.heinkel-trojan-club.co.uk/

Join the club without delay, I am a member and my rebuild was helped hugely by parts, books and other help from
the club, which has two spares custodians and very fair prices. Also of supreme use is the club's Parts List book which will help you to identify everything you do have, and order everything you do not; I cannot stress too highly that this book is worth ten times its price!

Next make sure your car(s) is/are registered with RUM. The register exists to keep a record of it, if it is ever stolen it might be traceable/identifiable. If you ever sell the car notify the Register and ask the new owner to update the register's records, it is there to help all owners and costs nothing.

Hope this helps, good luck, and enjoy this forum!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
Thanks for that, I will do just that!

Thomas
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
Great!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 07:42:35 AM »
The Reliant based Cipher, a car that should be owned by a certain geezer from Witney, but also the car that should have been developed and presented to the market instead of the new style Scimitar? The Cipher looks are somewhat timeless but the poor old Scimitar has dated badly and is about the cheapest soft top you can buy. Seems they are very popular with the Trials folk which suggest they will soon be a very rare cheapest soft top in good condition soon too. I never understood why the Cipher was not pursued into production other than it was from an outside design, Stevens?, and that meant paying money out to a third party for production.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »
Have a look on my website: http://www.stevens-cipher.com  8) needs updating though!
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug