Author Topic: fuldamobil/messerschmitt sachs engines  (Read 5919 times)

trojan200

• Occasional
fuldamobil/messerschmitt sachs engines
« on: October 08, 2012, 01:54:13 PM »
what is diffrent between these cars engines?something about gears but what?and does anybody have these parts to sell for fuldamobil engine?

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: fuldamobil/messerschmitt sachs engines
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
what is diffrent between these cars engines?something about gears but what?and does anybody have these parts to sell for fuldamobil engine?

Both will work with each other, but the Nobel gearing is a bit lower ratio (I think only difference is 4th gear).#

Engine cases are different, oly difference is the holes on the bottom of the casing.

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »
The Nobs and Fuldas had need of 10.2 cylinders for power as the car is bigger. That is desirable. Likewise the gearing suited that need so you could probably swap a gear cluster if you had the 'wrong' one as a 'Schmitter might want it. You can use a gearbox from a 175 or 150, though some are straight cut first and others have a clockwise thread in the output shaft. Often the clutch will go again and you get most of the special nuts and bolts if you break an engine. The gearchange mech will be there. Heads can be got. Crank would be difficult and a new or restored one is a very silly price (cheaper to shove a Honda engine in!) for no reason I have ever been able to understand. The casings Jonathon mentioned are about as technically they are not Schmitt so can be discards at a price. So if you got a set of casings and sourced the bits it is possible to build up a unit rather than try and buy one from a schmitter at the going rate.

The ancillaries are different so you need a drive sprocket, think I have them, mounting plates, filter etc. But this is from the Fulda folk or unwanted by Schmitters and should be cheaper stuff. If you are stuck for a reversing dynostarter a forward one would do temporarily. People tend not to want them so there are scooter ones about.

Its good fun creating an engine out of other peoples cast offs and some jumbling.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

trojan200

• Occasional
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »
i have this messerschmitt engine that i would do engine to my fuldamobil.so i need only those 4th gear parts?this engine has those threded holes on casing.do some messerschmitt engines have those?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
Those holes are where the Nobel/Fulda chain case bolts onto, No Messerschmitt engine would need or have these holes. My guess is that you would not have to change any gears inside that engine.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »
Those holes are where the Nobel/Fulda chain case bolts onto, No Messerschmitt engine would need or have these holes. My guess is that you would not have to change any gears inside that engine.

Unless it is used for the Roadster Exhaust as fitted to my original car which has an additional exhaust mounting between the exhaust nut and tubular tripodal rear mounting. Make sense as it supports the joint of downpipe into silencer meaning the nut stays put and the system does not fall off.

Also used on Hercules, Prior and Keift scooters for a rather complicated exhaust system using three boxes which was mounted on these holes.

Gears will work but the intermediate ratios can make it harder to drive if they are the specific whizzo Schmitt set.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

trojan200

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »
engine number is 2033388
does this tell what year this is engine is made?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 11:05:59 AM »
I do not have a data listing of engine numbers.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 06:15:23 AM »
engine number is 2033388
does this tell what year this is engine is made?

The year is usually written on the fan housing.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi