Author Topic: Ac invacar model 70  (Read 18603 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Ac invacar model 70
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
Sent details by email.

But here is an excerpt for all:-

I found a few places and decided to go with Industrial Brakes Ltd Sales (sales@industrialbrakes.co.uk).  Dave replied to my email saying that his granddad had an Invacar.  He charged me £30 to reline them and made a good job.  The 3 shoes came back to me in less that a week and were like new.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »
The engine is not the easiest to get out but doing it once you get to see how to do it the easiest. Otherwise access is pretty good. Pity about the defect but at least it was honest and in the advert. The spares in a bag suggest a game of pass the parcel. If it goes together and works at the value you are happy with a great buy as it looks like a good one.
I found out that a Skoda 5 speed transaxle will fit on the engine. Not entirely useful here but, hmmm......
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

filcool

• Occasional
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »
While the engine was out I was thinking of replacing some of the engine gaskets as there is quite a few weeping,does anybody know where to get a gasket set for the steyr puch engine?,also any other parts for the engine,not that I hope to need them.
It has the weber 32 ICS fitted,can you get a gasket set for it,phoned webcon today,said they would look into it,so not sure if they can.
Thanks phil

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 09:31:07 PM »
Hi Filcool, welcome to the forum and well done on your purchase, i've sent you an e-mail regards the Invacar.
I need to stop buying!

filcool

• Occasional
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 11:13:39 PM »
A bit more work on the model 70 tonight,suspension all taken out and checked over,want to get everything out of the way so i can paint and protect all the chassis and tidy things up,the rear bumper needs a bit of glassfibre reinforcement work as well,few cracks and holes to repair.

phil

filcool

• Occasional
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »
hi all
Been busy refurbishing the suspension arms just now,all stripped and derusted,anti rust treatment and a few coats of black metal paint,all new brake components,pads,cylinders,fixing pins,pipes and hoses.
Also cleaned and repacked fresh grease into the bearings,replaced the grease seals as well,because old ones were really worn out.
phil

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
Hello there, and great to see you making good progress. Is this 70 registered with RUM? If not perhaps it should be, and it is FREE!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 09:20:42 AM »
Hello there, and great to see you making good progress. Is this 70 registered with RUM? If not perhaps it should be, and it is FREE!

Small correction Marcus, it costs £1.50 to register a car. The register this vehicle belongs on is the Invalid carriage register run by our good friend Herr Cyphus..

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
Oops, still worth doing!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
Bob.  Looks like you are becoming a car racists :D

You know that you secretly want an IC in your front garden.

Three wheels, 500cc engine, registered as trikes, not many left - microcar?  Unusual microcar?  More unusual than an Isetta or a Messerschmitt?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 10:51:27 AM »
Agreed it belongs on both
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »

Three wheels, 500cc engine, registered as trikes, not many left - microcar?  Unusual microcar?  More unusual than an Isetta or a Messerschmitt?

Yep, Bubblecars are common as muck, these days. Who ever thought so many would survive their period of being the butt of all jokes and left to vandals, dreadful modifications and unwanted at old vehicle events. How things change! NEC, starring roll! One day it might be the IC's turn. It does have the benefit of huge social history attached to it in context with the development of the type over the century. Indeed till effectively being successful enough in bringing the disabled together enough to get itself banned! I do not expect folk to like them just because. However they demand respect for what they are and represent. Its great that a few people are preventing what is left from being smashed up in the main.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »

Love that caption on the 70. Photoshopped I presume, but funny.
I tend to share Bob's lack of interest in ICs, but I they they DO have a place and a kinship with microcars, and are now rare and unusual to qualify for RUM registering even if they do not appeal greatly to me.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »
Perhaps bob would feel more at home in at Register of USUAL Microcars , but obviously would have to abreviated. Ah a problem there then  :P
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
I also think its great that folk who like them are preserving them from extinction. My point was, as there is already a specific register for them why put then on a register for unusual microcars? Do we have other surgical appliance on the register? :D   My deep seated psychiatric problem like most goes back to childhood when my father owned a Reliant which was toilet blue, all the kids at school refered to it as an invalid carriage, its damaged me for life! ;D