Author Topic: Ac invacar model 70  (Read 18498 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Ac invacar model 70
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »
Well there is the attempt by part of the Macclesfield Iron Lung Club to log all remaining Pre MOT false legs with the massed ranks performing Tiller Girl manovers attached to a Gardner powered cam on a an old roundabout mech to raise much needed funds. Get a real kick out of that one.

Rather appropriately the registrar of the ICR covering disabled vehicles is, in itself, disabled.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
  ic's are definetly microcars hard to argue otherwise .if  you can't have cars that have their own register, in RUM,  then out go all the isettas , treinkels, bonds ,schmitts, scootacars,friskys,petites etc etc on the same basis . fine by me   ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

filcool

• Occasional
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »
hi all,
Done a bit more work on the invacar,put back on the refurbished suspension arms,springs,shocks,brake pipes,
Have now rolled it over onto an old mattress to get better access to the bottom of it,going to clean off all the old paint and underseal,then repaint and underseal with some fresh stuff to try and preserve it for a bit longer.Hand brake mechanism needs looking at as its all seized up and not working at all,
will also take off the font suspension and steering frame to replace brake parts,pipes,bearings etc

Thanks for now

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »
I went out for a drive in my one today.
I didn't try getting into bed with it afterwards though.

I have good second hand and brand new old stock hand brake mechanisms.

Also NOS foot operated hand brake (USA / Mercedes style) if you fancy it,or only have one arm (and two legs)..................with fitting instructions - tempting?

I will gradually add some parts on Ebay for the three people in the world who watch Invacars on there......................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/invacar70/m.html?item=130831683128&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:31:12 PM by Isetta_Owner »

filcool

• Occasional
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 07:43:44 PM »
hi,ive been keeping an eye on your spare parts on ebay,i got the seals through the post as well so thanks for that.
Is the hand brake mechanism you have just the pivot part or do you have the cables as well?
Is the foot operated hand brake a totally different set up from the original?,do you have a photo of the foot brake kit?

thanks phil

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »
Hope the door seals were OK

It's too cold to venture into the garage tonight but I will have a look and take some photos tomorrow.
Other proper microcar owners may also have an interest in the hand and the foot operated parking brakes.

I recall that the hand operated parking brake is brand new with cable.  I't the whole unit with lovely glistening ratchets and springs.
There is a good second-hand one there also.

The foot operated parking brake is an original option that can be fitted instead of the normal hand brake.
Two peddles - one to put it on and one to release it.
Can be fitted left or right side.  Full fitting instructions in its original box.

Barry

filcool

• Occasional
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 09:52:22 PM »
thanks that would be great if you could put up some photos of the 2 different set ups,ill check in tommorrow
thanks for now phil

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »
The new hand-brakes are fitted with a cable.
There are a few age related marks but otherwise as-new.
Some are still in their original plastic bag packaging so I am not sure what they are like inside but probably better than the photos.

Could be useful for others building a microcar or finding it hard to find an original part for an obscure car.  the fitting looks fairly easy to adapt to most cars - and its new.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
The foot operated parking brakes are in sealed (stapled) unopened boxes.
All the fitting instructions and additional plates and brackets are there but no cable (on the open box that I have opened).

I would think that this unit could easily be fitted to other microcars.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:51:50 PM by Isetta_Owner »

filcool

• Occasional
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
hi barry,you can maybe send me an email to tell me how much you want for the invacar hand operated lever and cable set up,i had a look at the foot operated system which looks ok,but i dont know where i would get cabling to get it all set up correctly.
The hand operated would keep it more original looking anyway,
thanks for the photos
phil