Author Topic: Name that car!  (Read 12728 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Name that car!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
Hi Blob

The vehicle in the first Utube video is a dutch Witcar, most of which were electric

The Unipower Quasar was a 4 wheeler with a mini engine in the rear, rather than what sounds like a single cylinder 2 stroke.

Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »
Dear Blob

Watching it again the Witcar is an electric one. Where I heard the single cylinder 2 stroke noise from I have no idea. I must be going a bit mad in my old age.

Chris Thomas

GS1939

• Just Starting
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »
Re Quaser Spectrafloat. Came across the topic by accident but if anybody is interested I bought the Triplex Spectrafloat from  Triplex when they disposed of it. They advertised it in Autosport magazine and I went to their works in Birmingham to buy it. I may well have some pictures and possibly some cine film of it.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 03:38:48 PM »
Hello there!It would be nice to see the pics, and the cine  -  if you can get it transferred then down-loaded onto you tube
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

nlu413f

• Just Starting
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »
Hello,
I'm in search about the Quasar-Unipower (VLC 694G) used by Triplex at their factory since a long time and I'm very glad to read your post. I would be very interested to hear all detail about this car, to see all pictures, films you could have about it...

I'm also interested to know the date you found it in Autosport and bought it. And of course, one question : are you still the owner of this car ???

I'm collecting all information since 14 years to writte a book about the Quasar-Unipower city car. See www.quasar-unipower.com and www.flickr.com/people/quasar-unipower/

Could you please contact me ? Many thanks in anticipation.

Danny