Author Topic: Wheeler dealers  (Read 2971 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Wheeler dealers
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
I am informed that next Tuesdays program at 9.00pm on Discovery features an Isetta. Shame I dont have Discovery.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/spjmj/wheeler-dealers--series-9---13-bmw-isetta-bubble
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:37:27 AM by Bob Purton »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Wheeler dealers
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
Me neither.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
Try visiting your next door neighbour on the pretext of borrowing a cup of sugar then casually mentioning the prog, that what I'm going to try!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »
I do not doubt it will be repeated indefinitely, unless it is the repeat of the program I refused to be part of in which case it is repeat.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
Apparently this is a new series and will feature Dave Watsons blue "dont touch me car"  driven around a race track, wonders will never cease! Is there some kind of I player for discovery?  Remember is on tonight.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »
You can now see the whole episode on youtube. A really good sensible restoration programe I thought! Makes the other channel 5 prog look really stupid! The only mistake I thought they made was painting it white over red instead of red over white. The chrome headlights aren't right but people like this just cant help themselves. I think you will enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gu7-ttGTOI

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 12:04:10 AM »
Its always been a programme worth watching. It doesn't tend to stay on Youtube very long though (at least not as complete episodes) so if you're going to watch it there, watch it quick before part of it gets deleted. Not my choice of colour scheme either - in fact I don't remember seeing any two-tone bubble cars in my youth, but they all seem to get restored that way now. The show did a great restoration of a Fiat 500 a while back.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »
Agreed. All the ones I remember as a youth were one colour including my own. Wasnt the two tone thing just on the German cars? I like it though but am sure that the whole shell including the interior would have been white and then the red for the lower part done over it. The red/white masking tape line all around the door spoilt what look like a great paint job. I was just please that the prog treated a microcar with dignity instead of coming over all Clarkson like.