Author Topic: Tri Car  (Read 7730 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Tri Car
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »
Stuart branching out with his own magazine has been successfull so why not a forum too?

This seems unlikely as he is seeking to pass the editorship of ICR on to someone else as he wants to concentrate on the historical and information gathering rather than physically producing a magazine, though he would more than likely contribute much of the content still, as I do for Take Off. Like Take Off the pressure is on that he who writes most of the mag should produce it. I am not buying into that, I do my bit and I am not in a position to do more. The MEC Editor is in the midst of a prior well advertised complex move. No one has thus produced the magazine that sits prepared and now out of date from 4 months ago. Quiew membership whinging, not interested as I did my bit. I can see where Stuarts coming from on this but I fear if he does not publish there will not be an ICR magazine.

A ICR forum, more unlikely, as he has no access to the internet or 'phone at the moment and it will be back to time and skills issues I expect. You need to have someone who understands what is going on with the infrastucture of a furom, like Jim, to prevent it spinning out of control. I could see someone else doing this as interest percolates out.

Personally I rather agree with Bob that having done much to promote a unified IC position a retreat now is to see that effort dispersed when in fact there is something there to be built upon as a lasting achievement. It is time for the ICR to stand on its own feet rather than relying on others. No one minds a visitor but you can overstay your welcome if you become a free lodger.

By the same token I agree with Richard. French Fridges are not my idea of a Microcar either. It is as related and bonkers as IC but not the same as my idea of a microcar and RUM can offer its support for as long as it takes but ultimately they should fly their own kite when strong enough. The RUM formate can cover so many subjects it does not matter if an area of interest leaves for a bit or to set up just down the road. Its a sort of Commonwealth of silly, useless and oddball vehicles.

Anti Fulda folk might have comment but with Jonathan around this has been a strong topic for a year or so. They have a Register but no one has so far complained about that. I am not as it is a Micro, just one I decided not to have any more so my interest is passing only.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
Dear Mike

Getting back to the core of the thread (Tri Car) When I was there a few years ago the Lanes museum had three of them, all in good order. Whilst they do look microcarish, they have large engines. The lanes museum also have an interesting collection of propeller driven vehicles including a propeller driven bicycle. A very good collection to visit while you are in the USA (to attend the Bruce Weiner auction next Feb).

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »
Geoff Lane has to be an interested party at Bruce's auction I would have thought.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 10:13:47 AM »
Well yes, that's basically what I do too. It would be a boring world if we all liked exactly the same thing.

You know you love them really Bob - caught in the act.............

Just you wait Barry Lee! I will get you back!! :D :D