Author Topic: Pulse jet moped  (Read 8010 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Pulse jet moped
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
I have to agree but it was a fun thought. Engines that were once spare are now finding there way into newly restored vehicles, just think back a few years and remember all the villiers stuff knocking around that no one wanted, its now become sort after.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 07:05:03 PM »
nice idea to bring an engine that hasn't been started up under present ownership and see what the experts can do  ;) lloyd 400 twin 2 stroke anyone
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »
Starting a dud sounds like more fun to me. Ever was the one to get covered in grease.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
I though the important things to learn about building a pulse jet moped were:

1) fit the motor controls to the ends of the handlebars so you can operate them without having to let go of the grips;

2) consider fitting footrests;

3) consider starting with a small motorcycle that gives you a footbrake to use when running the jet up to speed and so avoiding the need to scrabble with your boots on the ground trying unsuccessfully to hold the machine stationary.

But other than that, full marks.  I felt the "bof, putain" comment from the cameraman pretty much hit the nail on the head.....

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 09:03:42 AM »
pipe dreams chris it wont ever happen  :(

That was my album to follow Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Smells'.   'Pipe Dreams', punk based suite of music using large organ and bass Twyford toilet amongst other instruments by the band Bum Fluff. Never happened.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
'Pipe Dreams', punk based suite of music using large organ and bass Twyford toilet amongst other instruments .....

I can suggest the ideal video to go with it, though I admit there is no RUMcar link. 

As a kid, my school had its services in an abbey and the organist (rightly) took the view that he was only going to get through to the kids by giving them more bass than Led Zep, so he made ample use of the bass-est (a word?) pipes in the organ.  These were sooo large that they weren't in the organ loft but were laid horizontally along the roof space over the side aisles with the sound coming out through the arches under the clerestory. 

Of course that roof space was dusty and so when those pipes were played jets of dust would erupt from the arches above the nave.  On a sunny day, it was like a 'visual organ' with most of the schoolboys captivated by these clouds of multi-coloured dust motes.  You could almost see the frequency of the lowest pipes as they puffed.

And all that was before any recreational chemical use....

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 08:38:13 AM »
Brilliant, and probably now illegal on several grounds.