Author Topic: Just wanted to share this early X-mas present for me!  (Read 4280 times)

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
Just wanted to share this early X-mas present for me!
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »

NOS!

Thomas
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Just wanted to share this early X-mas present for me!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »
that is VERY VERY nice
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 07:58:25 PM »
Beautiful. Not upside down, like the one in my Trojan!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »
I never got that, was it so hard to drill a hole in the other side of the dash to use it for rhd cars??? Btw, the dash itself is my old one. It's the speedo-unit that I found on Ebay...  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:44:17 PM by thomast »
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:16:47 AM »
Cost saving. The casting tools existed so they turned it upside down. Then the stalks on the switches needed modifying. All a bit of a botch really. Trojan than added to it by going to inline fuses. It all gets a bit busy inside the binnacle in the end. I still like the old Heinkel with the starter button.

Another collection for you. All the different dash arrangements offered in Trienkels. There are a surprising number.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:02 AM »
Trienkels  :D I like that! No new collections for me though! I try to get some work done and all those different cars in the past kept me bussy with all sort of things except driving and enjoying them! I now just want two classics on the road and one or two in the barn to work on as therapy for mental health...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:24:22 PM by thomast »
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Mmmm not working for al is it.  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 08:47:30 AM »
Yes it is. For complete lunacy I recommend more than 40 cars most of which do not work, even if they did work are useless and to store a lot of them so far from home you visit them on a biannual basis.

Seriously I think more than five old cars running is beyond sense as it is hard to keep that many in prime condition and I need to resolve that issue in the next few years, myself. If you have a family and/or work that probably drops in proportion. A reason why some cars get towed/trailed to events as they cannot be considered reliable from lack of use and mileage.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 09:30:38 AM »
One day I woke up and realisted I had a Scimitar GT, 2x Scimitar GTE, Kitten Estate, Kitten Saloon, Fox Pick-op, Ant/TW9, Regent, Regal MkII, Regal Mk6, Robin Saloon, Ralito/Zoƫ, Rebel, Bond Bug, Regal 3/30, 3x Cipher, Trojan 200 and 2x Goggomobil

and a Honda Civic...  ;D

When I wanted to go to an event or show I was bussy for a day to get the car out... not running, battery dead... old fuel... soft tryres... %^&$*(&^%)!@$^)(^!@$!!!!!

now I have about 9 (one to go soon!) and still to much!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:03:24 AM by thomast »
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug