Author Topic: Scootacar dash lights?  (Read 10998 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Scootacar dash lights?
« on: October 29, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
I have a bag of bits left over from my last Scootacar and included is this pair of old dash lights. They are similar to the KR200 ones but have a chamfered edge on the aluminium bezel. Is this the correct style for the Mk1? I was going to use them on a project but as I now know I will need four matching ones I will have to buy the ones with the standard bezel to get a matching set.  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:33:29 PM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Scootacar dash lights?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:16:55 AM »
Similar to my Scoot ones. I think there are three as I have the white neutral light to the left and the ignaro lights to the right. The pastel opaque blue and yellow lenses are nice to have as they suit the earlier pastel colourings of some cars as well as the styling. I am low on these now. Similar pee lights can be found at still sensible prices but they often have rather bold lenses and, of course, you need a matched set.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10:53 AM »
Thanks Al. The annoying thing is that I'm sure I had the one with a solid blue lense as well, but can I find it?!

Does anyone have any of these for sale?

ukblitz

• Occasional
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »
I have some pictures of a recent scootacar find in Halifax, West Yorkshire, its a complete MK1 even the factory guarantee, manual, this is only within the last two weeks, I went and had a couple of hrs helping the strip down, just the windows, petrol tank etc, i have attached a picture of the dash, if you want any better pictures i can go and obtain some,
 regards Keith
 :)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »
what a great find - love to hear the story !

the broken fibreglass at the back due to the lump of pig iron previously attached there to counterbalance all the extra dash switches  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:24:47 AM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »
Note the Villit Bang, there. Recommended on any Villiers restoration. The finding of an unmolested car, what dreams are made of.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 10:58:39 AM »
Your workshop looks well organised Keith, makes mine look like a real tip! Congrats on a great find.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »
as i read it it's not keiths garage , scootacar, treinkel or even cillit bang . nice to be in on it though keith  :)

woops not a treinkel in background but what is it ? cursor ?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:15:40 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

ukblitz

• Occasional
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »
Sadly  :( this isnt my garage, its my friend Granville's, so is the Scootacar, Cursor and Messerschmitt!
I wish mine was that good and clean, I will post a picture of my isetta, with my standard garage in the background,
Ive just done a tidy, but still messy !!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 03:56:46 AM »
I think that I have a great idea for a new thread.
Why don't we all post pictures of our microcar garages?
I think that would be a blast.  Very interesting to be able to see the nitty gritty of who's got what , and how anything or nothing gets done.
What say the rest of you Rumcarers?
Has this been done before?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »

Why don't we all post pictures of our microcar garages?

Has this been done before?

This is called 'shedding' and is an activity common to all the BUMS. We have been known to go out on runs purely to do a bit of shedding. Top marks go to the sort that have well greened structures, a ramshackle look and every prospect of a virgin find about them. The ultimate job for a 'shedder' is to be appointed HM Inspector of Sheds with an official endoscope and the power to demand entry and first dibs on what is found inside. I have been shedding for longer than I have been an owner of Microcars. I would suggest that garages are a bit of a beginners area of activity, as they tend to be more common and easy to spot, but none the less a bit of shedding is always to be recommended.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »
Hmm! When I commented on Granvilles workshop I was impressed with how tidy and organised it was, posting pictures of garages full of microcars may not go down so well from a security point of view. As much as I would like to be nosey I cant see that catching on. Unless you want to start the ball rolling Steve?

Returning to the opening post of this thread, I'm still in need of at least one but prefereably two of the pictured dash lights. maybe the HM inspector of sheds could find me a pair?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:13:47 AM by Bob Purton »

ukblitz

• Occasional
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »
I think Man Sheds are the future  ::), but your not seeing whats in the garage, the sheds or the loft!
Al seems to know far too much about BUMS for my liking! will stick to making some enquires about those dash lights!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »
There will be those who are confused by mention of the BUMS. It is now the remains of an anarchic group of Microcar owners who went off to do their own, often slightly mad or eccentric, activities having found normal Micro-nautical activity too conservative. We still do one or two events a year but by invitation only, as is membership. All none threatening and in the interests of being daft.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
Bummer that I'm so far away.
I think that I am a daft BUMMER at heart.