Author Topic: A tale of two insurance policies!  (Read 4930 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
A tale of two insurance policies!
« on: October 30, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »
Just thought I would pass on some good service I have just had from Adrian Flux insurance. My problem is that I dont have a garage at my home address so the usual classic car policy clause of where the car is only insured after 10.00pm if its in your locked brick built garage has always been a problem. Earlier in the year I had the misfortune to insure Thumper with a cowboy company called MCE insurance, they covered the car on the drive 24 hours day and night but when I wanted to move the car to my garage for the winter at a friends address they refused to continue the cover! Six month insurace gone to waste! The first part of the year they covered me has cost me £140. After noting Adrian Flux's slogan on the classic restoration joke program on channel five last night " We build our policies around our customers" I though yeh right! I just called them for a quote for laid up insurance to cover Thumper until next spring whilst at the garage. the quote came through at £90 for a year laid up but £112 for a years comprehensive insured at both addresses garaged or not, I was quite chuffed to accept that!!  What ever you do dont touch MCE insurance with a barge pole!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??? ???

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: A tale of two insurance policies!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
All helpful thanks bob _ a job that will hopefully need doing shortly
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
- I have just had from Adrian Flux insurance.

No mention of the new MOT rules then?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:41:36 AM »
No, it didnt come up and I made a point of the car being built in 59 but not registered until 1960. Not long to wait now before all chaos breaks loose! ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
More scandal regarding MCE Insurance. I got a letter from them today, apparently the underwriters for my new policy with Adrian Flux ithe same as with MCE namely Chaucer, apparently you cannot have two policies running on the same vehicle so a light went on somewhere in insurance company rip off land. MCE said they would have to charge me a fee to cancel the policy!!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? Can you beiieve these people!!! First they cheat me out of six months worth of insurance than they want to charge me to cancel there invalid policy!!! I'm not a man that angers easily but these poeplereally  have turned the rip off into an art form. What ever you do    DO NOT EVER EVER USE MCE INSURANCE!!! I will be writing to Watch Dog and see what they say.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
That's shocking.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »
Bob
You may be able to put the insurance 'on hold' then reinstate it (or just forget about it) when you need it again.  Should be no charge.

I have had good service from Peter James Insurance (not footman James).

Barry

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »
After further wrangling and refusing to pay the cancelation fee was wavered, that was big of them!

I have had good service from all the classic policies over the years but MCE Insurance must have been set up my the Kray twins!