Author Topic: Micro Moving oportunity  (Read 3981 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Micro Moving oportunity
« on: November 03, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
I will be pleased to pay fair compensation for someone suitably equipped with a proper trailer to transport 2 micros (FF3 and Nobel) from Dave Morgans homestead, and one Treinkel from Hertfordshire, to South Hampton.
I had a quote from a sympathetic Rum Cars member for about 500GBP, however a family illness has understandably interceded with the completion of the process.
A less likely, but even better opportunity could be had if the micro mover had any need to ship anything that could fit within 1/4 of a 40 foot long shipping container going to Los Angeles, as an even trade could be considered.

Don't worry Bob.  The repatriation that will result from the sales in Madison in a few more months will more than restore the temporary trade imbalance.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Micro Moving oportunity
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
Not moving a car to the States but I might be able to resolve the logistics for you. I know Dave Morgan. The Nob is a four-wheeler I think, will mean an adjustment to the trailer but not a big prob.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 03:33:07 PM »
The amazing memory of Big Al.  You are correct that the Nobel is the 4 wheeled version.  But it only has 3 of them at this time.
Does that help in the trailering?
BTW Anyone got an extra wheel or 2 or 3 for a Nobel? As  I could also do with spares for my other two 3 wheeled Nobels

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »
In a way easier as it only needs three ramps not four.

So are the wheels Nobel/Sachs 200 powered size or Heinkel? Got a load of Heinkel rims.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »
I haven't seen my Hienkel  yet so I can't say from my own experience.  But Bob says that they are not interchangeable, and he has no spares.  So here comes the next want ad in RUMCar mart

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »
the spelling on this forum is notoriously bad but spell Heinkel correctly and you might stand a chance
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
If the four wheel Nobel is Heinkel powered, as some derivative Fulda four wheelers were, it will have Heinkel wheels on it's back axle at least.

My fav version of spelling and pronouncing Heinkel is Heinekel, probably the best bubbencar in the world.

Only beaten by an old guy who insists he owns a Merramitt and I suspect cannot write.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »
looked at ebay under hienkel for the heck of it . 3 items so you are not alone  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977