Author Topic: Treinkel upholstery, what do you think?  (Read 11069 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Treinkel upholstery, what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »
great info from al thats obviously why its so good ! Woolies only sell it with black finish . Heres what my Trojan ended up with ! original plastic door panel and pale blue plastic interior which i hand painted grey when in the car , here its half done it looked fine . seat cover always did slip around a little - it wasnt made wonky

good luck with yours the samples look good
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »
millboard is just very firm hard card with grainy texture .heres an original Heinkel with plain sides

Nice picture, now I remember I need one of those heater ends for the windscreen!
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »
Computer problems coinciding with Photobucket COMPLETELY changing its layout have really caused maximum confusion!

Yes Dickie, Photobucket is an image hosting site like Flickr
And Thomast, hereat last is a link to my home album on photobucket:

http://s581.beta.photobucket.com/user/Captain_Bubble/library/#/user/Captain_Bubble/library/?&_suid=135205398062703846102661436993

You might have to copy and post that into your address bar. There is another album or sub-album called Drive It Day for classic cars, I think you should see it on the left of the page, myself and another enthusiast took our two cars out around London, but sadly it was the day of the London Marathon and many roads were still blocked off or clogged with traffic. The grey Irish one is original...even its paint! Mine is the red one, restored from a wreck. I used seat fabric from the H-T Club, and I got a friend to stictch up some Vinyl fabric to wadding in a diamond shape to look vaguely similar to the welded plastic fabric. The only grey available was far too dark, so I went for this one which is to blue. It might annoy some people because it is not "original", but in my defence most of the car is not original!

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 07:01:25 PM »
nice pics and car.  thats not " another enthusiast " thats g-o-g-g-o ! :) always think bubbles are better in a pair they look great together
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:14:26 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 07:13:42 PM »
That water is at Surrey Quays, part of the old Surrey Commercial Docks, heavily bombed by Heinkels on the first night of the Blitz! Normal cars cannot get there because of posts to stop them, but there's just enough room for a Trienkel to get through between them!
Somewhere on my main photobucket album is a famous photo of a Heinkel He 111 on this very bombing raid. I bought an enlargement print of this from the nearby Imperial War Museum (where they have a super-rare Heinkel He 162 jet fighter). On this photo I can just see the roof of my workshop which was badly damaged on this raid. The bomb which damged my place could have dropped from this very plane!

Yup they do look good in groups!

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »
Thank for that, love those front windows, I whish I had that system. Mine are the turning types and rubbers not great!. I also got married in a friends Heinkel not pictures I like to see back though.  >:(
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »
I think among my Photobucket files there is a photograph of my Trojan being used for a wedding. I know the bride's Dad, a Chauffeur who owns several quality classic cars including a white Rolls Royce. He wanted to surprise his daughter and asked me to take him and her to the Church, then her and her husband to the Reception party in myTrojan, DUF (Duff = broken!). I worried that she might not find this funny and that he had to take responsibility if she was not happy and he agreed. She came out and LOVED the wedding car, so happy to have this surprise, and the whole Church emptied out to see this when we arrived. I got very well paid too!