Author Topic: 20 year old joke! Or even 37!  (Read 12374 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: 20 year old joke! Or even 37!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
 Heinkel ,Ireland i think ,and asked for help getting it out of the premises . we measured and it wouldn't fit QUITE  

This car, AAL,  is still around and came with a rather rough similar looking car. It is sitting in my shed re-painted original Sea Green awaiting completion.

The other car was quite rough and I added some parts to it for sale on eBay. The ultimate buyer bought it prior to end of auction so I withdrew it, then didn't go through with the deal, He bought it again on a renegotiated lower offer with extras when told I was going to re-advertise it, then did not go through with the deal again. On it being re-advertised on eBay he bought it again. However having not bothering to read the advert, where is stated what parts of the offer had changed. Principally as I had sold the originally missing seat he had later negotiated into the deal for £150 etc etc.  A rift occurred as apparantly I am not allowed to sell my goods as I choose. I therefore chucked in half a set of floor panels/rails worth about £150 in to no recognition. The joys of selling through eBay and a withdrawal of my normal back up service for additional parts to complete a project sold. Some people just want it all ways.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
On my birthday, we put a motorbike in the hallway! My mum was at work of course ;)

She wasn't too happy, but its still there  ;D
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »
When you push a motorbike or the like through the house, you must remember to wipe the muddy tyre tracks from the floor.  I know its not natural behaviour to wash the floor but it is one of the best ways of avoiding detection.
When the governor of the house returns, it is also possible to gain extra brownie points for this heroic action of floor cleaning.
Try to avoid any mention of how the vehicle ended-up in the back garden as you will surely be rumbled.
Any scrapes on the walls can be attributed to aggressive vacuum cleaning and should be clearly pointed out.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »
Oh yes my beloved that's grease on the floor - elbow grease . Hmmm mine knows better
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »
Well al maybe that's why I won't end early _ what's the point. You yourself looked for the trouble by finishing it early . Decide to put it on ebay and then play fair - presumably you were both trying to get away without any fees to ebay
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »
ha guess thats why AAL needed a respray al  - and possibly a right hand indicator  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
When you push a motorbike or the like through the house, you must remember to wipe the muddy tyre tracks from the floor.  I know its not natural behaviour to wash the floor but it is one of the best ways of avoiding detection.
When the governor of the house returns, it is also possible to gain extra brownie points for this heroic action of floor cleaning.
Try to avoid any mention of how the vehicle ended-up in the back garden as you will surely be rumbled.
Any scrapes on the walls can be attributed to aggressive vacuum cleaning and should be clearly pointed out.

Can you claim Immaculate Compression by God or his agent Gabriel, the celestial van driver?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
Well al maybe that's why I won't end early _ what's the point. You yourself looked for the trouble by finishing it early . Decide to put it on ebay and then play fair - presumably you were both trying to get away without any fees to ebay

I mainly wanted to get rid of it as I had no space left. On the basis they guy won the only auction to finish, I assume he would have been the highest bidder anyway. Instead of a quick sale it stood outside for about six weeks doing it the world of good. The Landlord admitted I was days from having him threaten to scrap it. You get a week thereafter.

But yes I choose to dodge fees. I take the view that I put cars up for sale, for a £10 fee, at the price I will take for them, related to any classifieds running, free of charge or a charge on percentage of sale price. That puts an eBay around £100 dearer than a classified for an average clearance if paid by Paypal. If several people bid it up then fine, one up to me. My experience of winning bidders of cars is you never hear from half of them. In some cases that will be because the first time they actually read the advert properly is after they have won the auction. Hence a pile of rust gains the question, 'Has it an MOT/Can I drive it home' in direct proportion to the more horrible it looks. This was not a great problem till eBay advertised on TV and all the Trade-It 'get rich quick' brain dead types joined up. You know, Faringdon, Oxfordshire is in London, innit? Need trailer, means miraculous free delivery to Bolton. Etc etc. If eBay cannot be bothered to police their responsibilities to the seller, as an auction house should, I cannot be bothered to pay their fees if I can avoid them. Seems fair to me. As does my habit of never advertising the same deal twice. You have your chance to buy in the format advertised. No sale, change the deal in an attempt to stimulate interest, be it cheaper or occasionally more expensive with added nice bits. Ultimately, no sale, break the car up, redistribute or rehash.

I have probably the worst Trojan restoration to sell shortly. It will be a classic case of fending off the dreamers, I expect, but someone might have it for parts. Cheap as chips at £450.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
Well there you have it al . Don't use ebay at all I paid A fortune to ebay last year but it helped me to clear a lot of art deco I no longer needed or wanted . But it was nearly all smooth running , and eBay, myself and the buyer all happy with the deal

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41:35 PM »
As a tool it is useful to get an item advertised. Further than that it just depends. It also depends what you are selling. Quality normally means you will be dealing with proper people. INdeed the best of cars tend to miss out eBay. Cheap stuff often means your dealing with cheap people. I am not complaining to much about that, as that is life. It is a calculated risk. However Ebay used to not be so one sided to the buyer benefit and that is basically to encourage you to become a sort of eBay store and amateur Amazon type seller, where some back up is on offer. That is their choice, not mine. I do not want to go back into trade, much as I enjoyed it. I do not need all the hassle, tax, cost and responsibilities that goes with it.

The answer is stick to good stuff like your BB.