Author Topic: Villiers neutral incicator  (Read 3390 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Villiers neutral incicator
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:43:41 PM »
I've nearly finished my 9e rebuild but am a little stumped at the neutral gear indicator switch, its the little device on the side of the gear box that lights up a dash light when in neutral, I get the general idea of how it works but the parts could go together more than one way! Does anyone have a picture of it? I basicly need to know which way the little wheel goes on the shaft, teeth inwards towards the gearbox casing or facing out? Bond minicar owners will know, also Scootacar owners.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Villiers neutral incicator
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
This Scootacar owner does not. Doc Martin had his set up as part of the engine build by Paul Gollings - well his son probably (Villiers Services or whatever the business is called now - ex DMW guy up Dudley way). Prior to the current era I am not sure anyone was greatly bothered as the cars were treated as a joke by all but those who loved them. If Bond then Grenville Tayler will know the answer.

Uprated for more better understandink, Richard. Have a good bunfight and drink plenty of water before bed to hydrate the old bonce.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:41:24 PM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »
Am I missing something ?don't understand a word al . Is it on the right thread ? I will try and check my twin engine but really busy today, family wedding tomorrow and hung over sunday - will though bob, 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
ah i get it now thanks . not sure if the mechanism is the same on villiers twins as singles but now too dark and wet to venture out to my grim and dark back garage to find out . the front garage has the Bond A , Bruetsch and usually Gordon in it . The Gordon is not so equipped and is still at nightschool
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »
Thanks Richard. When you do see if you can see if there is any kind of oil seal stoping oil from weeping out of that shaft, there is no O ring or seal inside the engine , just wondered if was supposed to have one of those white felt ones on the outside?   Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:29:31 PM by Bob Purton »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 10:34:56 AM »
No need to look now Richard, I just found an old Frisky manual which gave me the answers I was looking for.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 12:47:39 PM »
i was just getting myself ready to venture out and see - thanks bob . head not too bad but tired  ;)