Author Topic: villiers wiring  (Read 2767 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
villiers wiring
« on: November 11, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
pondering gently on a sunday afternoon over the Gordon wiring thats to be done in the near future . i cannot , in my simple mind, reconcile the wiring diagram specifically for the 1958 Gordon with the wiring diagram in the 1955 Villiers 8E / R booklet .
the Gordon diagram appears to show an earthed rectifier but the Villiers diagram specifically says this MUST be insulated from the frame , and this is further stressed in the blurb  . why would the steel bodied car and a steel framed motorcycle be so different or did they at some stage alter the magneto ?
is the Gordon manual a misprint ? is the Villiers booklet a misprint - seems unlikely . and what will happen if i do it wrong
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: villiers wiring
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »
must be the hangover . the wiring from the generator is quite different they must have changed them . strange as the 1955 Villiers book was current at the date of my 1955 Gordon , but it must have coincided with changes from villiers - forget i ever asked
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977