Author Topic: Bogus Emails from Tony Marshall  (Read 4612 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Bogus Emails from Tony Marshall
« on: November 11, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
I have just received a phone call from Tony because it has come to his notice that several of his friends have been receiving emails purporting to be from him which he has not sent.  Please DO NOT OPEN THEM.  I must admit I received one which appeared to be advertising a new mobile phone but as it was obviously so not Tony I deleted it without opening the attachment.  Please be warned.

It is a shame that he is being plagued by this sort of thing as he is now 'Chief Cook and Bottle Washer' devoting his time  caring for Lynne.  Sadly, since their very welcome appearance at our Open Day in July the medication she is on is taking its toll and she has to spend a lot of time resting.  I am sure you will all wish them well and I know Tony will be very pleased to hear your news to keep them in touch with us all.  I am also sure you will understand if you don't get replies because of his domestic duties are rather time consuming.    Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Bogus Emails from Tony Marshall
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:15:48 AM »
Thanks Jean. I got an email from "Tony" and was instantly suspicious and deleted it.
Very sorry to hear of Lynne's health problems and my best wishes to both of them.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
Yes, the defence is it is so non Tony that I also deleted it. Not all bad as it made me think of them and positive vibes for some special folks.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »
Tony & Lynne's new email address is   
                                            anthonymarshall@orange.fr

Tony never did look at the Forum much, so any messages for them should be sent direct to their email address above.  I am sure they will love to hear from you.    Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
Thanks Jean, I have just sent them an email.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face