Author Topic: Whats going on er then?  (Read 16637 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Whats going on er then?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 05:54:55 PM »
well who are the two characters in the photo then ? i thought we had verified that it was alan and the dutch uncle then dave smedley is mentioned by alan - ah right do i have it the picture is of alan and possibly the late dave smedley - nice bloke . the van owner was the dutch uncle who is NOT in the photo at all . correct ?   
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »
Nahhhh I think I would remember that! :D
Anyway, surely they are two a penny over where you live, languishing in barns, you could nick one for a song like the last Schmitt! ;) Uncle would be proud of you!

Hehe nah I'd just barter the price down, I don't want anything to do with him!

Me and a friend (the guy who made his own car and is traveling around the world - I posted his car a while back on "off topic") decided we're both gonna go around check out old french barns (he's back in france for a bit) see if theres any old mopeds, or unlikely but nrare micros :P

I'd be happy if I found any old 60's moped (cehap of course!), there have to be loads around... I know of a lady who had 3 (thanks to me she only has 1 left  ;D ), another guy that has 2 (both older people who bought them new or very early on), then "collector wise" theres obviously me in my village, and one of our friends (who has a holiday house here) has an old Solex, and I'm sure there are more in our small village that I havent discovered yet!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »
well who are the two characters in the photo then ? i thought we had verified that it was alan and the dutch uncle then dave smedley is mentioned by alan - ah right do i have it the picture is of alan and possibly the late dave smedley - nice bloke . the van owner was the dutch uncle who is NOT in the photo at all . correct ?   

The other guy is not Arie. So this is my guess, Richard. Might be wrong.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
Richard who? Richard Burton, Richard Warren, Richard the third?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
  Dick  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
well who are the two characters in the photo then ? i thought we had verified that it was alan and the dutch uncle then dave smedley is mentioned by alan - ah right so i have it the picture is of alan and possibly the late dave smedley - nice bloke . the van owner was the dutch uncle who is NOT in the photo at all . correct ?   

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
Turpin? Dasterdly? :-\

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
Head ?
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »
Spotted ?

Dock ?

Dicky Dirt ?

Backward Sinep ?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:08:02 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
Moby

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »
my mum always called me dickie dido for some reason . praps thats why i settled for lightweight later in life  ;D

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »
There was or is a rather rude song with the words "dickie dido" in it.  My old deceased Mum & Dad used to sing a slightly cleaned up version years ago, Bless 'em.  :o

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 09:22:11 AM »
  Dick  ;D

Indeed. Richard the Third, Bird.  So Dickie Bird.
Prior to that Rick, or Hick as the old Britains were poor at pronouncing the more French style R, was popular. As Richard was a popular post Norman invasion name with the anglo saxon system getting replaced, not least due to several good Kings, it was one of the new names to take over. Many a pet name deriving from it. Including Hitch. Just as well or I might have been Ditchcock, which sounds like some sort of rural pervert.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »
'Hitch' is actually Anglo Saxson for tiny.

My wifes family never had Spotted Dick as a desert.  It was referred to as Spotted Dog instead.
It is only when she met me that she had a Spotted Dick!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 02:06:51 PM »
Spotted Dick is a steamed pudding made with currants but Spotted Dog has plumbs instead. Both are great with lashings of hot custard. Ah, the good old days when you didn't have to worry about your weight or calories.  ;D