Author Topic: Villiers 9e carb fitting prob.  (Read 11178 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Villiers 9e carb fitting prob.
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
As Fred Dibnah used to say on seeing an engine, "Does it run"?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:32:54 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »
Guess, pic taken near whatever pier it is that people fall off hoping to win a prize for flying a 100 metres or some such distance?

It's a photo taken at one of the London Marathons I believe. I wonder if the chap jumped off one of the bridges on route when crossing the Thames?
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
As Fred Dibnah used to say on seeing an engine, "Does it run"?

Havnt tried as yet, still waiting to hook up an exhaust so as not to deafen the folk next door. The dynastart turns it so that a good sign!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
bugger the folk next door ! well not literally  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
Just decided to test the dydnastart on my newly rebuilt 9e. I had the instructions for connecting up the cables to a battery with the engine on the bench from my Schmitt days but could I find them? No! Then remembered Big Al mentioning them on the forum. Connected the engine up to my Punto  with jump leads and much to my delight the dynastart works fine in both directions. Now I'm wondering, should I have sourced a cylinder head with a decompressor? Then again scootacars dont have one neither do Friskies as I recall. Is it only Bonds that have them?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
I am up north again so have no info with me. But its possible isn't it that bonds only used them on the pre dynastart engines . Took the strain off the hand pull start then the starter motors though I am not at all sure. Some of the villiers motorcycles had them as  an option but I again I don't think the dynastart scooters did have them did they ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »
A 9E with its original 197cc top end won't require a decompressor.  The 31a & 35a used in Bond MkF & G with a 250 top end
needs the decompressor as the dynastart does not have the capacity to spin them  over.
Similarly a Sachs 200 with a Saab piston could do with one as well  :o

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »
My bond mk a has a 122cc villiers 10d engine with decompressor which you would hardly think it needed n but its the early pullstart pivoted down from the fragile dashboard  I suppose it makes it much easier on the car body
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:23:58 PM by lightweight dickie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
A 9E with its original 197cc top end won't require a decompressor.  The 31a & 35a used in Bond MkF & G with a 250 top end
needs the decompressor as the dynastart does not have the capacity to spin them  over.
Similarly a Sachs 200 with a Saab piston could do with one as well  :o

Ok, I will forget the decompressor idea. It only came into my mind as my last Bond MkC did have a 250cc conversion with decompressor. Thanks for the info Grant.