Author Topic: London to Brighton  (Read 8557 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
London to Brighton
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »
Not a microcar event but wondered if anyone was planning to watch the pass by at Redhill this year? Weather forecast not looking to favorable right now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:02:27 AM by Bob Purton »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: lLondon to Brighton
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »
Dear Bob

You have beaten me too it. My brother and I always go and stand on the hill out of Redhill. Malcolm Thomas and others from the Messerschmitt club meet at the bottom of the hill opposite the garage and Halfords. I enjoy watching the underpowered cars being pushed up the hill by the passengers, and the antics of the policemen at the traffic lights to keep the traffic moving. All good fun regardless of the weather. You can usually get a good Bacon sandwich in the little cafe. The biggest problem is a lack of facilities on a Sunday Morning.

I am sure people would love to see thumper and any other microcars at Redhill that morning.

See you there.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: London to Brighton
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »
Hi Chris. Perry and I are threatening to join you, unfortunately Thumper is tucked up for the winter with her wheels off so we would be microcarless.

Are the bacon sandwiches kosher?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
Try Korean Barcon sandwiches. Might not be kosher but they are not Pork either. Not to many or you will be chasing the crocks up the hill and in a severe attack might bite a wheel.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »
DearBob

The Bacon Sandwiches are real enough, I have seen them with my own eyes.

I normally get there about 8.30 to see the fast ones come through, and stay until my feet go numb.

See you and Perry on Sunday.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 01:08:19 PM »
Woof woof!!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
I normally get there about 8.30 to see the fast ones come through, and stay until my feet go numb.

They say that about ghosts. Have you tried running? You might catch one up to eat. YUM YUM.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 06:56:31 AM »
DearBob

See you and Perry on Sunday.

Chris Thomas

They sound like pretty dangerous Bacon Sarnies, Chris!  I believe there is some Green beyond Redhill that is where folk gather apres crock where Smokey Joe's are located. Maybe its the same place. Roger Hall is popping down and will be there in his Morgan trike I expect. No idea if Fabian Fresson is in this year.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »
The forecast is brightening up for Sunday, looks like I will be bringing the vegitarian bacon with me Chris!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
Vegetarian Bacon?   BA-CON!  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
Oh dear! I think the London to Brighton guys are getting a little wet this morning! :(

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »
REALLY ? what a shame . here it is just the most glorious sunny day . going out for a long walk this afternoon i think - it would be absolutely perfect for London to Brighton
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »
Is there an equivalent to the London the Brighton up there? I remember from history Stockport to Darlington  being a famous run!  :D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 04:22:04 PM »
Dear Soft Southerners

The London to Brighton was great. Yes it rained and rained hard, so much so that the drivers were saturated, and unable to see, even when wearing goggles. The cars with vertical wind shields were no better as they had no wind screen wipers. A good time was had by all the enthusiasts who attended, able to see the cars better without the sunday morning tourists getting in the way.

The Bacon rolls were up to standard. Even the Redhill Adult shop opened up at 11.00 hrs for those participants who were so wet they needed waterproof  rubber gear or alternative underware. Unfortunately the Tatoo parlour did not open for those who wanted to commemorate the event.

Malcom Thomas and two other Messerschmitts met up as usual before joining the cars on the run down to Brighton.

Apart from the rain you missed a goodan.

Chris Thomas