Author Topic: At long long last; contact with the outside world!  (Read 3782 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
At long long last; contact with the outside world!
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »
Hello to all & sundry   ;D

At very long last I have my internet back! After twenty weeks (31st July-7th December) during which time Virgin totally messed up both my phone & internet, effectively cutting me off from the outside world, we now (finally) are with Orange despite them taking no less than three attempts to send the broadband router (all of which got lost in the post, apparently). Fortunately the fourth one got through yesterday and so here I am today....

Those needing replies to missives over the past four months will get them in due course over the coming week as I wade through the backlog of emails, computer updates, ICR mainfile updates, and four months of missed posts on the forum!

It's good to be back!   8)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: At long long last; contact with the outside world!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
Welcome back to the land of idiots, Stuart.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »
you might regret it stuart . bob has sometimes been quite rude about i.c's - sneak sneak  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »
Who are you? !
Welcome back.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »
Did you get your kingpin inclination sorted Stuart? I'm here to help if you need me.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »
Calls for Frankie Howerd comments

'Ooh! '   
'Agh, Now! '
'Yes..'
'Don't mock. It can happen to anyone. ouuhrr, yess!'
'MInd you there would be some who'd be glad of any inclination at all.' Nods sagely in off stage direction.
'Tittier ye not,'
'Poor soul.'
'Be happy if he found a distaff Prince, Some chance round here! Though I noticed a couple of Queens coming in the back door so you never know.'

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
Its getting that one cannot make a serious comment without the king of innuendo chirping up! Take a cold shower Al!

By the way you missed "Oh please yourselves!"  :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:12:13 PM by Bob Purton »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
 I'm always having to please myself. I think it's my lifestyle...   ;D  ;D  ;D

My kingpin inclination is still about 40 degrees but it's too cold to do anything about that at the moment. (ooh, titter ye not!) Come the spring I'll be back out there having a bash at it, so I might well make use of you yet Bob. I'm still yet to get onto Andy for a little chat about the rear end (Go on, let's see the Frankie Howard impersonations on that!) so all stand down til the warmer weather. (Missus!)   ;D  :-*

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 09:03:31 AM »
Was I wrong? The discussion can only veer toward the FHesqe, if your neutral. I deliberately did not use use OPU for the expected answering message but you stole my line. Damn rotter. Oh, sorry that was Terry Thomas.

Apologies for my humour, its winter, its dark, its cold and I need something to cheer me up till the sun starts coming back to play.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs