Author Topic: Sharing Photos - Microcar Register of Photos  (Read 17068 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Sharing Photos - Microcar Register of Photos
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »
Copyright:-

A good starting point for photographs.

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/protect/p16_photography_copyright

From other sources it seems that the authot owns the rights for 70 years after death. - could be just literature rather than photography.

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law

The publisher (in a magazine for example) may be just 25 years.

What happens when a photo turns up on Facebook - you don't know the copyright situation -  and you share it on your wall?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=452722131417945&set=a.452722084751283.100367.170125869677574&type=1&theater

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 06:27:08 PM »
Hi Bob , each to his own as they say.

I realise that am not infallible on the Frisky, and rely on the help of people like Raymond Flower, Keith Peckmore, Mark Stone and others involved at the time to get the record as straight as I can.

Your point that Bruce Weiner's site was much valued as a reference site even though it was riddled with errors I find worrying,

I would welcome input from those Frisky owners you mentioned, who  insist that I still have a lot of it wrong to this day. I take no offence, every little helps me keep my site as reliable as possible.

I wish Barry, yourself and Richard all the very  best for the New Year

Regards

John
www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »
many thanks john , and to you and yours  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »
Copyright:-

A good starting point for photographs.

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/protect/p16_photography_copyright

From other sources it seems that the authot owns the rights for 70 years after death. - could be just literature rather than photography.

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law

The publisher (in a magazine for example) may be just 25 years.

What happens when a photo turns up on Facebook - you don't know the copyright situation -  and you share it on your wall?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=452722131417945&set=a.452722084751283.100367.170125869677574&type=1&theater

This copyright website only relates to copyright in the UK and covers material published in the UK and only applies to physically republishing it in the UK i.e not to publishing it on the net. The 25 year rule on typographical arrangment is about how the book or magazine is laid out, it doesn't relate to any of the content which is covered as literary or artistic works.

On Facebook, once you sign up to the user agreement, you hand over to Facebook the copyright on everything that you choose to post on their site. As to whether or not you know the copyright situation of something you post on your wall, the same rule applies on Facebook as it does here or anywhere else on the net, if you choose to post it, then you personally are liable.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 07:40:18 PM »
Cheers John. Lets hope next year will be better than the wet one on its way out! What I mean about Bruce's website is that it is the best thing on the web for identifying rare microcars and getting a rough idea of the history behind them. You only realise that the descriptions cannot be totally relied on when its about a particular car that you know a little more about than most, in my case Inters, in your case Friskys.  Once you appreciate that the description detail is flawed you then realize that many of the others are likely be. Baring in mind the wide spectrum covered its not surprising, who ever did the write ups did admirably! I think your Frisky website is great, keep up the good work!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »

I realise that am not infallible on the Frisky, and rely on the help of people like Raymond Flower, Keith Peckmore, Mark Stone and others involved at the time to get the record as straight as I can.

I would welcome input from those Frisky owners you mentioned, who  insist that I still have a lot of it wrong to this day. I take no offence, every little helps me keep my site as reliable as possible.

John
www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk

Having done many years of research, much like a science paper or archaeology, I you have earned the right to be offering the authoritative history of Frisky, and related topics. That being the case new facts and conflicting research always need to be added, but also to have the best of backing evidence and documentation with it. It is amazing how many twist and turns there can be and of course conflicting views, friction at the time, added to memory of old events can create situations of two equally good looking facts which ultimately oppose each other. You can only present the most balanced tale with provisos.

Classic case is my Father's comments about Vickers, South Marston. I have no idea what the official line was but he was clearly hostile to the initiative of Frisky manufacturer there. The implication he gave was this went higher up the seniority chain on the engineers side and might have had something to do with friction with Gordon Bedson, himself, on another project all together. Clearly none of this is fact. However if several other things come together that support it then there starts to look like there might not have been a fair hearing, or what ever, at Vickers. At that point it is worthy of mention. These hearsay things sort of get lodged in the records but not put into the history itself, I think. That is why someone pooling info needs all tidbits they can get. Sometimes its an insignificant statement that opens up an important element in the story.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
Hi Big Al

You fathers comments are interesting and do  in fact  tie in with the version of events  I was given by Raymond Flower,

This is covered about half way down in the article  "The early years"  starting at "things began to look up"  which can be found at  http://www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk/page26.htm

Sorry for the lack of illustrations making it a bit of a daunting read!  but your fathers comments do add credence to the widely varying  opinions within Vickers about the Frisky.

Its good to have feed back like this which can be entered into the historic events time line and so help build up the cars  history.

Have a Frisky New Year

Regards John

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »
Well that is rather pleasing and proves the value of snippits. Of course it did not help Frisky at the time.

I wish I had been more inquisitive now. Sadly I cannot think of any contacts that used to be at the factory that are still alive. I know there was a serious of pictures taken as I can remember some with the glider club in the background, probably with a Frisky driving round the airfield cornering or something. I think they put them round a bollard slalom? I have still got a load of papers to go through, there is a remote chance there might be something there. Not being a internet type I am not sure if there are things like town chat-rooms. Might be worth putting a question up on Swindon's version, if it has one.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
barry just had a look at the dropbox allard file . what on earth is that 4 wheel thing i expected to see only clipper there .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
It's great that you have had a look.

It was marked-up as an Allard from source, but I was pretty sure it had nothing to do with Allard.
The idea is that as an expert, you can easily remove it and dump it in the general area.

I can do this of course but the principle was to allow contributors to move stuff around - off-loading the burden from just one administrator.

I have added quite a lot of folders for different cars that I have come across.

Looking at google images, there is a never-ending supply of photos.
Getting new photos from peoples archives would be good.
Having a single place for photos of all different microcars is the intention.

I have started putting car registration numbers on the file name where known.  In this way an old photo could find its place next to a newer photo.

I think I have given-up on any major contribution from others as all is quiet.  I will continue adding content for my own interest.

It is good to know that someone has been looking though.

Best wishes, Barry

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 10:21:36 AM »
Here is the link that allows everyone to see the picture register but not change anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ao7dnotn45wfm9o/eDRKSQP4FD

If contributors want to add-to or change the register I will need to send an invite to their email address.

Barry

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
Hi Barry

I really enjoy the work you do on the Dropbox site. A lot of unusual cars and other items that would never have known to have been built.
Keep up the good work.
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
agreed keep it up .i have not only looked the once you know ! far be it from me to delete someone elses pic- i don't even know what this car is .

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 04:10:26 PM »
Thanks Mark, Thanks Richard.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
Thanks for the invite Barry, I just added a load of Nobel photos, into 3 different sub folders.

By the way, I renamed the folder "Fuldamolbile" to "Fuldamobil", hope you don't mind, just corrected the typo. I also renamed the "Nobel - York" folder to "Nobel 200 - York", because all of the adverts say that!

Thanks again, Jonathan
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi