Author Topic: "The Birds"  (Read 9095 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
"The Birds"
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »
Morning all. John Jensen form the USA just sent me this photo he took with one hand on the wheel the other clicking the camera! Its close to where Big Al's uncle Alfred shot the film The Birds at Bodego bay, not sure if that's a fictitious name or not.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:17:40 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: "Thr Birds"
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »
great photo,  lovely color ( dropped the u in defference  :) ) looks like a slow bit just enjoying the view . brightens up a coolish, damp winters morn in u.k. now i wonder how i could make that my wallpaper for a while - to make me smile  :)

just tried it but after instruction - thank you dearest ! i only got a small pic in the middle of the now black page - shucks
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:04:05 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »
I will forward the email to you Richard and maybe the photo will be bigger.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 12:28:13 PM »
I just made it my wallpaper. First like you it came up small and in the center. there is an option you click which is "stretch" now that will make it fill the screen. Job dome, now we can wake up in the morning to the Pacific ocean!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
I just made it my wallpaper. First like you it came up small and in the center. there is an option you click which is "stretch" now that will make it fill the screen. Job dome, now we can wake up in the morning to the Pacific ocean!

Is that one of the micro oceans or just a standard to very big one?

'Oh please yourselves'! (Root agrees, he is here after DPs)
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »
thanks for the help bob but i dont get the "stretch" option . i get fit to screen but it doesn't increase it .more shucks  :-\ my ocean will just be micro then
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 06:03:37 PM »
Lovely photo!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
Morning all. John Jensen form the USA just sent me this photo he took with one hand on the wheel the other clicking the camera! Its close to where Big Al's uncle Alfred shot the film The Birds at Bodego bay, not sure if that's a fictitious name or not.
I was just enjoying that view 2 weeks ago. Its even nicer with the sun reflecting off the ocean waves breaking on the jagged boulders in the bay, as seen from the cliffs above.  Bodego Bay is a delightful small own.  You can tour the schoolhouse on  a street where the famous scene was shot of the children running while being attacked by the birds.
Does Big Al share than wit and his namesakes famous profile with the director of such dastardly events?
Funny that I just happen to be watching another well composed horror classic "the Shining" at  this moment.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »
Not sure but I try to appear in my own jokes.

Looks like a great place to take a run to. These are the sorts of things I like to do. Invading a site or well known place with a selection of suitably interesting cars with some purpose, to persuade folk it is worth the upheaval of having you there. This is easy to do with microcars now but it seems not to happen very often. Simple things like using the small temporary and disabled carpark on White Horse Hill can normally be done informally if your pilots are sensible about it and give way to bona fida users. So can you invade Holmfirth. That is one thing. But to get into the Oxford colleges and drive round the access ways, through cloisters to a reception in one of the yards/quadrangles or to drive the Barmouth Bridge and access the esplanade would be a whole other experience. These sorts of things can be done with the will and time to organize it. I get the feeling to get numbers you need one of these great opportunities to pull folk in nowadays. Then the problem becomes dealing with the non participant baggage train, which can be a bigger problem than the sorting out the actual attraction.

Great, then, to find a place of easy access that is both a beautiful place but also has celeb status.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »
my little boy ( aargh 21 next week !) has come home and stretched the image to full size - which he didn't advise . the image is now my wallpaper but the Isettas are wider than they should be but still it's a great pic. funnily enough the wide blue sky looks just fine a bit wider

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »
Dear Bob and Richard

I gave up wallpaper years ago. Heavy duty Emulsion paint every time for me

Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »
You can clean of the bird's droppings (red wine) with a wet sponge. no problem....

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
Office party eh chris ?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
"The Birds", didnt Gregory Peck star in that film :D? Or was it George Seagull? 

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: "The Birds"
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
anthea TERNer ?