Author Topic: "The Birds"  (Read 9100 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: "The Birds"
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
Arther Mullard?

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
I apologise if this is relevant to "The Birds", but has nothing to do with RUMs - a BBC docu-drama about Hitchcock and Tippi Hedren http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xjk69

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 10:56:24 PM »
rod taylor of course just googled it - we have strayed a bit  :D and you a moderator bob  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »
No, I've given up, do what ever you like.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »
No, I've given up, do what ever you like.

'Do anything you want to do' Eddie and the Hotrods - Local sounds coming in there Bob.

I love the idea of the romantic lead being 'Arfur' Mullard. 'Ere, wot are all these birds doing ere?' I am chortling all day on that one.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »
wallpaper
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 07:43:51 AM »
Now all we need is for someone else to get exactly the same photo but with Heinkel-Trojans, 'schmitts, Rovins and Morgan 3 wheelers!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 08:03:21 AM »
yes but your gonna need that sky !

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 08:09:21 AM »
Definitely, and a sky as good as that certainly deserves to have a really nice looking car! (In my opinion!)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 08:12:04 AM »
So that's what all this wallpaper is about. Another PC mystery solved.

So girt screen in a fake garage door or rear of campervan and you can go outside and see any car you fancy in your garage or campervan without getting your hands dirty or your wallet open. I can see it catching on. Is this why there is a no photographs policy in museums these days?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
A lot of museums have no photos policy for several reasons. Obviously they want people to visit, and too many photos and you tube vids will reduce the desire for many people to visit. A lot of bigger museums have official photos and post cars of their exhibits for sale in their shops, taken by professional photographers usually with far better lighting than the "display" lighting which punters see. Also, when I go to a museum it is annoying when people's cameras keep flashing.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
That answer is far to sensible.

What about a museum of photography? I like the idea of a museum that can ban itself. Or the Museum of the Moving Image where blubbing is not allowed as well.

Driving round Leicester I am always amused by the signs to the British Space Centre. It is there they collect space so you can go and see it. That is why the country feels so much smaller these days as much of the space is in a building near Leicester. I expect it will be sold by the Government to Bangladesh or somewhere that needs a bit more due to population pressure when we are no looking. Then there will be the British Vacuum Centre as there was a Civil Service miscalculation and a Vacuum is a bit like Space so hopefully no one will notice, as if either is occupied, technically it no longer exists. Indeed the exact opposite of out monitory policy that will demand the sale of Space. 'A wormhole for our times' quoth Prime Minister Brian May after huge success in stepping in to a succession of vacancies requiring a Celeb with brains. 
Next week I examine Quantum theory.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 11:14:12 AM »
A bit like the sign to the Secret nuclear bunker I drove past in my Schmitt the other year near Brentwood.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:59:19 PM by Bob Purton »