Author Topic: Frisky Sprint Photo  (Read 9053 times)

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
Re: Frisky Sprint Photo
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
other one
1958 FriskySport

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »
I have uploaded your two photos to the Meadows Frisky Folder.

You should be able to do this from your end also.

You may get a message through saying that the folder has been updated (because you have joined Dropbox).  Perhaps it's only me that gets a message as the folder 'owner'.

Someone moved the three Relant photos from Bond to Reliant  and I got a message through - it seems to work!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j1yrnj21e69u0o6/_dbZcldnry
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:52:09 PM by Isetta_Owner »

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
I see they are on Dropbox now. Thank You :)
1958 FriskySport

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 08:27:08 AM »
So is that Phoenix anything to do with the scooters?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »
no connection i am sure
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 05:10:09 PM »
The Phoenix
Lets get this right
The car shown is the "Bug"  the prototype Gullwing Frisky.
The car's chassis was designed and built by Gordon Bedson and Keith Peckmore, not Raymond Flower, he brought the small car concept to Meadows in 1957 after Nasser threw him and all other English people out of Egypt.

The body design was by Michelotti

In Egypt RF had an ambition to build an Egyptian Racing car, called the Phoenix called because in the Egyptian riots of  1952(?) all his businesses got burnt down, hence " rising from the flames"

He bought the Phoenix Racer to Kieft Ltd at Wolverhampton and it was being tested at the same race track as the 1957 24hr, 7 day Gull wing trials. Hence a bit of press confusion.

The Frisky has nowt to do with Egypt or the racing Pheonix. Its British!!

There is already plenty of info on this on the Meadows Frisky site and for those of you hungering to know more about Raymond Flower I am in the process of putting together a shortish article about him for the site.

Hope this helps folks

John

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »
Deep, old, creaking memory. Wasn't the Phoenix scooter loosely a modified DKR, itself a modification on a German design. The K in there being Kieft. If I am thinking right there may be a link, all be it vestigial between the pool of engineers/entrepreneurs around at the time. That it is called the Phoenix could also be a pure co-incidence. This is not a topic I know much about and I am remembering what I read sometime ago and maybe a mile out. Might refresh my bonce if I have time.

Meantime the Bug has a passing similarity to the later Heron Suzuki, CV1 was it? I quite like it and in a way find it more appealing that the Michelotti design. However it was a fair enough marketing choice to try something different into the market than to produce 'just another' bubblecar. If things had turned out differently I do not think it would have been the styling that would have held the car back. It was a complex situation unfortunately.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »
other one

The picture of Colonel Sanders on the door of a Frisky Sport is a sacrilege to them both.
Or perhaps his chicken was deep fried in 2 stroke oil any way.
Alternatively, you might be able to mix his used frying oil in with gas at a 1/24 ratio and leave behind a tasty smelling cloud.

I love the Bug the best.  Too bad it was destroyed, as to myself it embraces a perfect mix of cute, unusual, and even a whiff of presumptuous practicality in a period correct atomic age style worthy of the retro tribute that Suzuki unconsciously/ secretly paid to it.

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »
Hello Steven

I am so glad you "love the Bug" its one of my favorites.

It was nicknamed "The Bug" by the employees in the factory, who were also remembered for referring to the Meadows Horse and Gear emblem  (Geared Horse power) as the "Cog & Donkey ".!!

It's so true, "A prophet is not without honour save in his own country " !!!

Have a healthy and profitable New Year

regards John

Further Bug info at   http://www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk/page19.htm