Author Topic: photo pic Trojan - a bridge too far ?  (Read 3432 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
photo pic Trojan - a bridge too far ?
« on: January 01, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »
did he ? didn't he ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
Re: photo pic Trojan - a bridge too far ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:44:43 PM »
Would be the first watercoller Trojan I've seen!
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
well i would think that at that depth it would definetly be at the same depth as the Trojan exhaust pipe so a daring challenge . then again a Trojan has very long downpipes from the silencer so .........
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:10:22 AM »
I can't quite make out what it is, is it a ford?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:26:06 AM »
no it's a Trojan - a British built Heinkel  :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
Yes it did! And more than once. This is Shilton Ford not 2 miles from the Cotswold Wildlife Park beloved of older micronauts, but who of you chanced a dip in all those years? It was reasonably deep on this day, but it has a good flat sill, so as fords go, it is actually not a bad one, as it has a consistent wide depth with solid bottom. On this occasion the simple crossing became a dual to the death between Dave in his trusty Trojan Bumbly and Mike in a Trabbi. The Trabbi lost! The water killed its electrics. Several other Trienkels were present and, I think, two scooters. The rest would not come because it was wet....Yeah fords are, so does it matter if it is raining?

On another occasion with slightly less water it was a competition to round up as many small fish as possible in the leat without swamping the car. Highest collection got a prize in the very good nearby pub. Such was the fun of bubbling back in the day.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
of course he did

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »
I knew it was a ford all along  :)
Malcolm

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
i knew that . what do you get if you cross a Trojan and a ford .......... wet  :)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:56 AM »
Bubbling under.
Malcolm

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »
I assume you have not a picture of yourself going across the ford as I thought you were Trojan mounted that day too. Dave, your neighbour, was there to. Foul weather weekend but brilliant rally and company.

Smart arse answer to question, Crayford. The guys who started Crayford learned their trade at Trojan.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »
tadpole bridge Heinkel Trojan Rally a contender for wettest camping i have ever done - but a great weekend 2 other pics including my car and MIKE Simmonds standing with it . he was Messerschmitt mounted that weekend didn't he blow an engine.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »
another pic of MIKE with  our cars outside another Trojan / Schmitt owner Mark Wakem . my son and i  by mikes yellow, and mike by mine

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »
Beg his pardon, Of course Mike. Why do I get him muddled with Dave Smeddley - its food related, isn't it. Mike, Cadbury's Smash robot, Smeddley's tinned peas, Dave. I am not sure I remember a blown engine. Does not mean it did not happen. I do recall one Trienkel being relayed back towards the South East but that was sabotaged as the driver had, err, made excessive use of the 20 odd hour bar facility and was not legal to drive.
Mark Wakim was -is? - another fellow who used his cars often.