Author Topic: Smart Car Article  (Read 13092 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Smart Car Article
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »
Dear Rumsters

Just to say there appears to be an imposter using my name on the internet, writing articles about SMART CARS.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/smart-and-fun-way-round-city150113

Before anybody reads it I can assure you that it was not written by me. The idea of two Chris Thomas' writing about small cars does not bare thinking about.

Being considerably older that this other person, I think I have the right to use it first. Be assured I have not let you all down.

Chris Thomas Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Smart Car Article
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 05:26:40 PM »
how VERY p.c. not to mention it's in GAY STAR NEWS though however did you find that  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »
How did my mugshot get on the bottom?   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
well on the bottom of my view you do get my wifes facebook image is that what you mean . this pops up on the bottom of all sorts it's not specific to anything - is that what you mean , do you do facebook i don't  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:09:34 PM »
Small world!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 09:46:11 AM »
Dear Richard

I have to be very PC as an editor, otherwise I could end up upsetting one social group or another, or breaching some government guideline or another.

How did I find this article? I was allerted to it by google, along with many other american microcar related articles on the interweb. At the moment most of them relate to the Bruce Weiner auction sale that takes place in February.

As far as Jeans face appearing at the bottom of the screen. It does not do it on my computer ,so it probably only appears on Jeans computer as you suggest.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
Dear Richard

I have to be very PC as an editor, otherwise I could end up upsetting one social group or another, or breaching some government guideline or another.

Chris Thomas

You have upset a group! By not upsetting one social group or another, or breaching some Government guideline or other. Bar Humbug! Micro sulk.

You did not think it was going to be that easy, did you?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 12:17:25 PM »
Yup, I get my Facebook avatar which is one of my CD covers...a drawing of me standing up throught the roof of my Trojan and waving my ukulele. The back cover has another Heinkel product, an He 111 bomber which has just dropped a bomb, and I am about to bat it right back with said ukulele..."Howsat!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:21:56 PM »
I can see this becoming a British National Party poster, with 'UKe stands alone', if their English is up to normal standards.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:41:24 PM »
It could possibly be seen as nationalistic, but it is clearly a humorous cartoon without any political baggage. In fact it happens that the He 11 is one of my favourite planes and the H/T is one of my favourite micros!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »
I too think PC has gone too far. It now starts to clash with our rights to free speech. I'm not condoning inciting hatred or anything approaching that but if I disagree with a certain behavior or life style I reserve the right to say so.

So here goes. " I dont like Invalid carriages and think those that do are weirdo's!!"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No backlash PLEASE, its a joke!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
You are right Bob, there is only one thing worse than an Invalid carriage that's an Electric Invalid carriage.............................G-wizzzz.  now that is a true invalid carriage..............................

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:13:02 PM by Isetta_Owner »

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »
Fair point Bob, but some people take things that bit too far. 
Not liking is one thing but imagine robbing an 11E  from such a fine machine as an IC to use in some other microcar thing :o
As member 007 of the Invalid Carriage Register and proud owner of two Model 70s I feel violated by such acts.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »

Just to say there appears to be an imposter using my name on the internet, writing articles about SMART CARS.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/smart-and-fun-way-round-city150113

Before anybody reads it I can assure you that it was not written by me. The idea of two Chris Thomas' writing about small cars does not bare thinking about.

;D Very quick to disassociate yourself from that there publication linked therein once you saw the title weren't you.  ;D  I've written for that very same publication myself now & again so no need to panic.  :-*  ;)    
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:30:49 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
give some people an inch and they take a mile - thats the problem . i for one will not be contributing anything to a site using terms like that. you will all be very happy to here that no doubt  ;) one step away from Fredericks - be warned .

the site should be non political , non racist, non religion and non bash the invalides