Author Topic: Smart Car Article  (Read 13185 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Smart Car Article
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 04:25:36 PM »
I agree with your principle and have removed the words.  Attitudes to words soften and harden over the years.

I used to get off the bus in Southchurch near Southend-on-sea outside a big building officially called and signed up in big letters ' The Spastic Society'.  I don't know at what point the word Spastic (and many other words) crossed the line between official and offensive.  I always had plenty of time for a chat with the disabled visitors.

I suppose I am just a weirdo.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »
I suppose I am just a weirdo.
Me to, along with just about the rest of of the forum users  ;D.  In my defence, both my ICs have petrol engines.
I also own a Bamby and Cursor which most would never admit too.  No longer a closet Bamby and Cursor owner any more

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
Looks like I missed something naughty earlier, good to see our members are self moderating!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
Fair point Bob, but some people take things that bit too far. 
Not liking is one thing but imagine robbing an 11E  from such a fine machine as an IC to use in some other microcar thing :o
As member 007 of the Invalid Carriage Register and proud owner of two Model 70s I feel violated by such acts.

Yes, very good Grant! :D  Its true I liberated an 11E from an IC that was rotten behond economoical repair but it is not going to be used in any of my projects, its on the shelf waiting for someone who needs one. It may even end up back in an AC Acedes!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »
Like the off topic lounge, do you think there is an argument for having a separate catagory for Invacar microcars..........  This may keep both the IC/microcar enthusiast and also the purists happy?
Purists can keep an eye on the IC forum and not miss-out on plundering a few cherished Villiers engines.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »

Me to, along with just about the rest of of the forum users  ;D.  In my defence, both my ICs have petrol engines.
I also own a Bamby and Cursor which most would never admit too.  No longer a closet Bamby and Cursor owner any more

Can I just say that I own a Closet. There I have done it, its out. I keep an IC and Bamby in there with my Frankie Howerd impressions.

No sorry, its off topic, as are lumberjacks and songs about them.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 08:26:53 PM »
Like the off topic lounge, do you think there is an argument for having a separate catagory for Invacar microcars..........  This may keep both the IC/microcar enthusiast and also the purists happy?
Purists can keep an eye on the IC forum and not miss-out on plundering a few cherished Villiers engines.

No.

I did suggest Stuart set an IC forum up some time ago. Why dont you do it Barry? Its quite easy to set one of the Yahoo based ones up so I'm told. Someone of your IT skills would have no problem.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:41:03 PM by Bob Purton »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
Dear All

Yet again you never cease to amaze me how far you can drift off topic. This started quite harmlessly as an announcement about a smart car article on an American web site, and we have drifted through social steriotypes, to Invalid Carriages.

Has anybody read Stuarts article submitted to the same publication. Do we know what it was about? As we know Stuart is a font of knowledge and a one man publishing empire, so perhaps we should read it.

Let us discuss our likes more than our dislikes, and be a bit more positive, and keep to the non political, non sexist, non religious track if we can.

Keep warm and dry until the snow has passed.

Chris Thomas

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »
Back to Smart cars then - A bit like an Isetta van?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 10:50:49 AM »
That is bonkers, well done.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »
Dear All

Yet again you never cease to amaze me how far you can drift off topic. This started quite harmlessly as an announcement about a smart car article on an American web site, and we have drifted through social steriotypes, to Invalid Carriages.

Has anybody read Stuarts article submitted to the same publication. Do we know what it was about? As we know Stuart is a font of knowledge and a one man publishing empire, so perhaps we should read it.

Let us discuss our likes more than our dislikes, and be a bit more positive, and keep to the non political, non sexist, non religious track if we can.

Keep warm and dry until the snow has passed.

Chris Thomas

Somewhat patronizing Chris but probably good advise, though nothing would induce me to read such a publication!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
tell you what joking aside i would rather read about , inspect, tyre kick etc. ANY petrol driven i.c. than ANY of these smart type vehicles on the forum ! opinion yes but thats why we must accomadate . i would prefer a section for modern vehicles where i would not venture . i do mean by that modern i.e. anything post 1968  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »
Wouldnt that be bliss, a forum soley about microcars of the golden age 1955 to 1965.
Still this one is pretty good 90% of the time.

Are you still off work Richard? I should be in the workshop but its just too cold down there!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 11:32:08 AM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »
yep it certainly is  :) :) :) :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 11:42:54 PM »

Has anybody read Stuarts article submitted to the same publication. Do we know what it was about? 

You really wouldn't want to know the writings I've done for them. None of them were about cars...   ;)