Author Topic: Back issues or Rumcar News Wanted please.  (Read 6979 times)

inacoma

Back issues or Rumcar News Wanted please.
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:45:42 PM »
Hi

Has anyone got any of the Rumcar news mags surplus to requirements.

I would like ones that are now out of stock from Jean.

Please let me know what you have.

I am happy to pay £1.00 each for ones that are not that old and a bit more for realy early ones that are probably harder to get.  Will obviously pay the postage.

Let me know what you have and how much dosh you need.

Can pay by Paypal transfer, cleared cheque etc.

Thanks

John

witney44

Re: Back issues or Rumcar News Wanted please.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »
Hi John, Are you going to Jean's on 15th April? If so, I'll have a word with you then about back issues from No 1.
Rob D.  ;D

inacoma

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 01:20:35 PM »
Hi Bob

Yes I will be there

Look forward to meeting up with you and some of the club members.

Would be glad to purchase any Mags. I also considered purchasing the Classic car folders you have on Ebay, I had all of these and sold them many years ago, with the microcar content marked it would be a much more interesting lot to me than just sifting through everything again.

See you soon.

All the best

John

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 01:27:58 PM »
It seems thare are several people looking for the earlier, long out of print, issues of RUM Car News (Me included!) What does everyone rekon to us getting together, pooling our resurces and looking into getting profescinal reprints done, or something along those lines? Who round here has a decent full set????  Bob, have you found a secret hourd of them??? The world must be told!!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:31:28 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »
I have Autumn No.74 2002 if any one wants it.

witney44

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 02:24:28 PM »
John, Have a bid on the mags, if you win I can take them Jean's.  ;D

Stuart, Watch this space!  ???

Rob D.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 07:10:17 PM »
The trouble with the very first RUMCAR NEWS they were done on a Gestetner then photocopied, so the reproduction was rubbish to start with.  Whilst I do have a full set when they are photocopied they are not always readable.  Unless there is some new technology for reproducing bad photocopies I know nothing about.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

darrg

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:07:26 PM »
A few years back Jean loaned me all the back issues, as I had it in mind to put the articles together in book form. I should still have all the text somewhere, though I wasn't able to scan many images due to the limited nature of storage discs at that time. When I get a moment I may well return to this project - especially if people want it, Jean is happy for it to go ahead, and the contributors are happy for their articles to be re-used (most of them were written by Tony M anyway  :) )

The bad photocopies were part of the charm! I first came across RCN in those volumes that were reprinted by Transport Source Books - bad photocopies of bad photocopies! I still treasure those volumes.

inacoma

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:21:17 PM »
Hi Darrg

Great, if it's possible, I would be happy to buy the back issues, if and when they became available.

john