Author Topic: What was the latest from Stoery ?  (Read 2437 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
What was the latest from Stoery ?
« on: January 25, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
can anyone remind me ? weren't we recently given some hope ? if there was a chance of a Stoery rally again it would be great . Failing Stoery i was wondering about trying to have a get together of Bruetsch cars, and derivatives and cousins , maybe 2014 - The DWAC rally in Holland ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: What was the latest from Stoery ?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:08:28 AM »
just found it in autumn 2012 RUM mag. ottos collection sold to another collection . so no Stoery rally chances .

Any Bruetsch followers fancy a get together of cars at DWAC Rally , Holland 2014 - must ask them first of course , but it's a rally i have always fancied . do german visitors make it ? Hopefully finishing the Gordon soon and a restoration of my Bruetsch Pfeil could be managed by 2014 i hope .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »
Time was that the DWAC rally had a competing German event by some loose agreement as the Dutch event got swamped by the German enthusiasts. The Dutch prefer to be the majority entrants at thier own event while enjoying have lots of visitors. Time marches on, I am out of touch so I do not know the arrangements now. However the Dutch Rally is about using the cars more than most events. I am not sure that it is therefore the best venue for the massed ranks of Bruetsch inventions, half of which are not really drivable.
We are really stuffed without Story. Our own National seems to have lost its Continental support, which is a shame. There is a Plastic Fantastic event being organised. Just had the info. Maybe that is the event for the Bruetsch boys. No reason it cannot extend to other Micros either. Ooo eck, how to send in info. Prepare for odd messages or I will get someone else to do it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
thanks al just got your message via david . sounds interesting but Lucerne is a long way away ! from here to the south coast is an awful long way let alone switzerland ! and though a meeting especially for plastic cars sounds of interest i regard Bruetsch cars as firstly micro before general plastic cars - there would be some serious stuff there ! perhaps i will forward it to oliver at least - he is Swiss  ;) hard cheese for the rest of us , oliver may have TOBEOLALONE  ;) edam shame about DWAC too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:13:06 PM by lightweight dickie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »
The Bruetch Pifell !  Look forward to seeing that.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »
thanks al just got your message via david . sounds interesting but Lucerne is a long way

That it is. To far for me this year as otherwise occupied. However given free time and no strings it is exactly the kind of event to attend with an appropriate car. So only three general areas of life to be sorted then!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs