Author Topic: HUF keys  (Read 12203 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
HUF keys
« on: September 05, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Hello,

I (well, my dad) is willing to swap his HUF keys for yours if you have the ones we need.

These are the keys that fitted on Nobels, Messerschmitts and a load more micros.

These are the ones we need:

SK 106
SK 105 (x2)
SK136
SK150
SK127 (x2)
SK 140
SK 143
SK 135
SK 133
SK 126
SK 147

These are the ones we can trade:

S 673
SY 3
SH 236
SX 194
SX 158
SK 144
SX 160
SY 9 (x2)
SK 147
SX 62
SX 170
SX 190
Y 138

We also have a couple of ignition locks without numbers. Anyone know what key they should have?

This is the type of key, just to double check (of course already cut)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: HUF keys
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »
what a great idea  hope it works . i have nothing to trade . most of mine have no need for keys . probably good security as a modern car thief wouldnt know where to start . in fact two of my cars have no door locks - or even doors  ;D and the gordon one unlocked door . good luck ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »
what a great idea  hope it works . i have nothing to trade . most of mine have no need for keys . probably good security as a modern car thief wouldnt know where to start . in fact two of my cars have no door locks - or even doors  ;D and the gordon one unlocked door . good luck ;)

I guess the weirdest car for a burglar would be one of the Bonds, the one with the handbrake style starter lever next to the seat!
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »
but the very early bonds - like mine , have a trapeze type starter hung under the dash and you cant see it you have to feel for it
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
Not forgotten, to busy to look at the moment.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:45:32 AM »

No prob :)
Also found SK 121
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »

Finally sorted out the loose keys and spares ignition switches. Reasonable number of Huf reversing switches have got keys but 12 have not as yet.

Wanted keys

SK 149 by 2
SK 148
SK 140
SK 136
SK 135
SK 129
SK 127
SK 126
SK 121
SK 107
SK 101

Spare keys

SY 105
SY 155
SY 173
In fact I have about 100 spares SY keys which are Goggo, Tiger etc. Quote number, you might be lucky.

SH 47

SX 3    Think this is NSU, Goggo 700 and so on
SX 30
SX60
SX162
SX178
SX189

K7048

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 06:19:11 PM »

Finally sorted out the loose keys and spares ignition switches. Reasonable number of Huf reversing switches have got keys but 12 have not as yet.

Wanted keys

SK 149 by 2
SK 148
SK 140
SK 136
SK 135
SK 129
SK 127
SK 126
SK 121
SK 107
SK 101

Spare keys

SY 105
SY 155
SY 173
In fact I have about 100 spares SY keys which are Goggo, Tiger etc. Quote number, you might be lucky.

SH 47

SX 3    Think this is NSU, Goggo 700 and so on
SX 30
SX60
SX162
SX178
SX189

K7048

Sorry, none of those match what we need. Everyone seems to need SK's!
Mopeds:

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »
I guess the weirdest car for a burglar would be one of the Bonds, the one with the handbrake style starter lever next to the seat!

My KV has something similar projecting from beneath the seat, but the lever must be pushed sideways (one way for forward, the other for reverse) to start the engine.  Perhaps even more frustrating is the ignition lock in my HMV, however.  It starts conventionally enough by rotating the key, but releasing the key and letting it spring back to the "run" position doesn't provide power to the electric fuel pump.  By design, one must manually turn the key a further step back to the "accessory" position for sustained operation.  Even though this is plainly explained in the manual, I've always figured it was intended as a rudimentary antitheft measure and... OH, NO, I'VE JUST TOLD EVERYONE!
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
Sorry, none of those match what we need. Everyone seems to need SK's!

Well that is because we are Sachs and reversing Villiers people. The spare keys we have are for more unusual things but with less following. Beyond that I have two ice cream tubs, where did they come from? I do not eat ice cream. Full of misc car keys from yonks of cars coming through, dieing and out of tubs of spares bought in. I have no idea what any of them are for in the main and those that have clues can confuse. 6 Renault keys but I only ever owned one. A 17 Coupe, for instance.

I was relieved that this collection yielded quite a few missing keys to locks and cars I have so a worthwhile mornings sorting. I look at the Huf two way switches and wonder at the prices on eBay. It is supply and demand. Put all the spares up for sale and they will not fetch much money. However with folk now putting these units in there 'nur hur' cabinets with VDO clocks, Hella lights etc and there is a shortage. I have a healthy number of Schmitt indicators but I suspect the same situation exists. This does nothing to help those new to the scene or attempting to restore a stinker. TRouble is the sharp rise in spares prices and drop in availability does mean stock needs to be kept if it is likely to be used.

As an example I have sorted out Schmitt stuff and this includes all cables, new or good second hand. I now find that looking at the prices now I have near £2,000 worth of 'spare' cables. However distributed round my cars to restore I probably, more importantly, do not need to buy any new cables! So they are not spare nor to be sold. Yet taking these seperate prices and apply them to a complete Schmitt and you do wonder if restoration is the way to go as the bits are worth so much!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »

My KV has something similar projecting from beneath the seat, but the lever must be pushed sideways (one way for forward, the other for reverse) to start the engine.  Perhaps even more frustrating is the ignition lock in my HMV, however.  It starts conventionally enough by rotating the key, but releasing the key and letting it spring back to the "run" position doesn't provide power to the electric fuel pump.  By design, one must manually turn the key a further step back to the "accessory" position for sustained operation.  Even though this is plainly explained in the manual, I've always figured it was intended as a rudimentary antitheft measure and... OH, NO, I'VE JUST TOLD EVERYONE!

I guess quite a few microcars would stump an uninformed burglar, I was thinking of the Goggo with the electric gearbox, a very strange and unobvious procedure to pull away! The Gyrostarter on my Inter would set a few scratching there heads too. Even with a humble LHD Isetta, they would find themselves trying to pull away in fourth gear!
Is all this a clue that the detectives missed in the Bubblecar murders, it must have been committed by someone who knew how to start one!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:43:56 AM by Bob Purton »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »
I've got a neighbour with three Hufkeys. Lufly looking dogs!  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
I've got a neighbour with three Hufkeys. Lufly looking dogs!  ;D

Was he expecting more cold winters?

I will have the one that preselects and has a girostarter with the knob on the wrong way round, please.

That comment ha sled us nowhere, Moosh!

If you go out with a ladyperson with a husky voice will she have a cold wet nose?

scania

• Just Starting
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »
Hello folks!

I am intrested in buying those Huf keys marked with SX.
I do not have any Huf SK keys to trade with, but i can look for them or anything else here in sweden.

I need those SX keys for an old scania i have, but i do not know which number it is.

Please send me an email if you can sell or trade a Huf SX key.

m