Author Topic: Will these fitt Trojan?  (Read 1936 times)

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
Will these fitt Trojan?
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »
One of the last items I'm looking for are the rear lights. Might be a while before I find a nice original set. Does anyone here know if these items on ebay are the same size? It might be perfect to use untill I have correct ones!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miele-Rucklicht-Moped-Mokick-50er-60er-Jahre-DKW-NSU-Oldtimer-Sachs-Neu-/150850228375?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item231f5fd097&_uhb=1
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Will these fitt Trojan?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »
They look about right, but I am not sure if they are right, Richard might be able to help! Looking forward to seeing your car on the road!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
i do not pretend to be an expert by any stretch !  well they LOOK of correct design but maybe of the batch that were made too small !! amazingly the scale being too small by quite a bit . they look nice on Mopettas  ;)

IF they are incorrect size i think they're a bit dear at 90 odd euros a pair . IF correct size not badly priced i would have thought
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
Good point, Artist Formerly Known As Lightweight Dickie! Thomast, it might be worth you asking seller for measurements. If you like I could measure mine next week to let you know what they SHOULD be!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:29:13 PM »
I think not. They have not got a shamfer on the longer edge with the screw as the originals. Nor have they the inaccurate shamfer of the 'normal' replicas which seem to run out at about £45 a throw but have the numberplate window fitted that a Treinkel would not. That said I have put the chrome version of the smaller light on a Treinkel where it does not look out of place with the correct sized rubber. The unit is both shorter, by about 5mm, and narrower on the base section by a considerable amount. It looks very lost on a Schmitt however. That said these units were at £15 each so cheap as chips.

As to manufacturer they seem to be a unit fitted to at least Mopeds/Scooters of some sort. Adler and the like? I think also a Scandinavian machine, so Husqvarna or something. So the tale they are a failed production might not be entirely true but there were a quantity, 1000 units? bought into the UK by error. I bought and sold the majority of them and have no stock left to speak of and these units are not the same but look similar.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs