Author Topic: 2013 events list  (Read 13948 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: 2013 events list
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 09:12:07 AM »
Brilliant! What a list! no excuses now for not attending at least some of these. Fantastic Plastic sounds fun!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
Thanks Rob, I followed your instructions and got the Word document, I shall know next time.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »
bond rallies now quite the thing - a hardcore of owners who meet twice a year at least for a weeks motoring . 28th march onwards at Pandy. members only i think. have done a couple - isle of wight and isle of man all good fun . get your bond out i know there a few in hiding 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 08:57:33 AM »
It is great to have knowledge of these events. It surprises me that it takes an independent to advertise some of these events to organizations which should be in good communications with each other as they share many common events in a niche interest. We come back to National Microcar Club/Microcar Monthly mag/website etc. There are many folk who have not the motivation or money to belong to multiple clubs. The attraction of membership is often access to spares and information. Another is specific enthusiasm but that normally needs time to develop. If you are an inactive owner it is easy to drift out of the whole scene once membership ceases. A one stop shop might revitalize things. Lots of reasons why it will not happen though. Meanwhile the Bubblecar Museum threatens to host half the Microcar events and publish a general Microcar Magazine. So they might take up the vacant position by default. Might be a few miffed folk over that but all is there to play for.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »
Its good to see someone is actually making the effort and if it takes a business to achieve enthusiastic results then so be it. They may find producing a mag worth reading is not quite so easy though. Hope they prove me wrong!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
have looked online and seen the cheshire micro car rally at soss moss ( listed as being date tba ) being 28 august to 1st sept but surely this cannot be right it's the NMCR
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 11:35:13 AM »
The benefit of dates being passed round the interested parties. It would be easy to dismiss the 'early' NMCR date and assume it will be later in September. However Beaulieu is 'early' too. As stated this is because over the years the weekends process back and eventually the religious dates and holidays have to move or become out of place in the year. Much like having a leap year.
Maybe the Steggells are not aware of the date clash with NMCR as all these dates are only just coming to the notice of folks. A National cannot be complete without a load of Bonds being present. Used to be great at CWLP/Burford as many used to convoy down on the day and arrive in a cloud of smoke to the tom tom beat of their massed Villiers. Something of a high spot of the day for any car nut, be they Bonders or not.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »
just confirmed with clive steggel that the Cheshire Microcar Rally is at Soss Moss, cheshire the week before the NMCR so weekend 23-25th august 2013 . please amend the calendar - thanks

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
Done.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »
Not microcar but the Saab International Rally in in Britain this year as a one off. 2nd to 4th of August at Wicksteed Park, Kettering. So if your a Saab fancier then a rare chance to see some Scandinavian examples of early strokers without going on over water.

Once we have all put in our local favourite Rallies in our private diarys, and the more popular Continental Microcar orientated ones are identified, that is a pretty full year if you want it to be.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:37:07 AM by Big Al »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 09:36:26 AM »
And another Microcar Rally, a darned good one too.

19th to 21st April Kasterlee, Antwerp, Belgium for Euro50 Julien Dams on isetta300@skynet.be. This should be modelled on the DWAC format of a fair amount of touring rather than sitting in a field. No distance to drive to unless your in the North West, Richard.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:38:24 AM by Big Al »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »
The BEC has just used a round robin email to publicize its rejuvenated self and that it is getting involved with several more events this year. So I need to edit the date listing for better info soon. Great news as the Bond Owners Club have also made their info more accessible than in the past, embracing the internet a little more.

Now I am posting mostly British stuff. With all our friends and RUM members from abroad checking the site out that might be lacking. I do not know if it is possible to create a sort of notice board where events can be pinned up by any forum member without having the normal thread of messages to look through? Such an international Micro date listing would be a quite attractive resource to Micronauts, I would have thought. It is really down to ease of displaying the information. If there was one certain place where an event needed to be advertised it might prevent clashes of interest and duplication of effort. Also travelling Micronauts might get a bit of extra bubbling in when away from home for whatever reason. Just a thought.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 09:00:37 AM »
As previous I am quite happy to let boc sit quietly to one side at the present , bonds i should say are almost all owned by enthusiasts , in uk anyway , there's nothing here for the investor . Leave us alone  ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:11:45 AM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
The BEC has just used a round robin email to publicize its rejuvenated self and that it is getting involved with several more events this year. So I need to edit the date listing for better info soon. Great news as the Bond Owners Club have also made their info more accessible than in the past, embracing the internet a little more.

Now I am posting mostly British stuff. With all our friends and RUM members from abroad checking the site out that might be lacking. I do not know if it is possible to create a sort of notice board where events can be pinned up by any forum member without having the normal thread of messages to look through? Such an international Micro date listing would be a quite attractive resource to Micronauts, I would have thought. It is really down to ease of displaying the information. If there was one certain place where an event needed to be advertised it might prevent clashes of interest and duplication of effort. Also travelling Micronauts might get a bit of extra bubbling in when away from home for whatever reason. Just a thought.

HI Al. Do you think you could forward the BEC email to me please, my Berkeley owning chum around the corner has let his membership lapse and cannot get in touch with anyone to renew, he is computer illiterate. I'm guessing they may have a new membership secretary?