Author Topic: roger Brioult 's collection in auction .... biscooter looking for adoptive paren  (Read 7445 times)

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
Le jour J arrive ....
Si vous étiez présents lors de notre deuxième Edition du Bisbi National Rally de 2010 ; vous aviez découvert l'exceptionnelle présentation de prototypes Biscooter de Gabriel Voisin, que nous exposions en vedette . En effet , 13 des 23 protos étaient rassemblés, du numéro 1 aux très rares Biscoter du facteur monoplace, et la camionnette Voisin , tous deux prêtés exceptionnellement par Mr Roger Brioult  .Il y avait aussi la remorque , confiée par la petite-nièce de Gabriel Voisin dont personne ne connaissait l'existence .
Mr Brioult, que j'avais rencontré à cette occasion, m’expliquait avoir racheté ces deux véhicules à Gabriel Voisin le jour où il arrêta son bureau d’études . Conservés au sein de sa collection dans sa propriété de l’Orne, ils n’étaient jamais ressortis  pour être exposés , au grand dam de nombreux organisateurs qui en avaient fait la demande .....
Pourquoi nous ?? Je ne sais pas...ou peut –être   parce que Mr Brioult «  m’avait à la bonne «  comme me dira son épouse quand nous chargions le Biscooter du facteur ...toujours est-il qu’au retour , en  lui montrant les photos de notre expo «  voisin », il m’avait juste dit «  c’est bien ce que vous avez fait » ! ...quel fierté , de la part de l’homme que nous vénérons à chaque fois que nous plongeons dans la revue technique, qu’elle soit auto ou moto ...
Parti l’an dernier après le vol de sa 2cv, nous nous doutions qu’on jour ou l’autre , la collection serait éparpillée .... ce sera  fait le 17 mars à l’étude Ozenat .
Je ne sais pas si l’un d’entre vous pourra conserver un de ces étonnants engins , mais j’espère qu’ils seront aux mains d’amoureux et de respectueux comme l’était Mr Brioult .
jdo
The D-day arrives.... (from online traductor ..sorry for mistakes ! )
If you were present during our second Editionof the Bisbi National Rally  2010; you had discovered the exceptional display of prototypes  Biscooter de Gabriel Voisin, whom we exposed in star. Indeed, 13 /23 protos were collected, from the number 1 to the  very rare postsman's  Biscoter, and the small van Voisin, both lent exceptionally by Mr Roger Brioult .Il had also the trailer, confidedby the great-niece of Gabriel Voisin there whose existence nobody knew.
Mr Brioult, whom I had met in this occasion, explained me to have bought back these two vehicles to Gabriel Voisin when he stopped his engineering consulting firm. preserved inhis collection in its property of the Orne, they had never gone out again to be exposed, to the great displeasure of numerous organizers who had made it the demand....
Why we?? I do not know or can - to be because Mr Brioult " liked me " as will say to me his wife when we loaded both Biscooter , the fact remains that on the way back, by showing him the photos of our exhibition "Voisin", he had just said to me " it is good what you made "! Which pride, on behalf of the man whom we worship every time we dive into the technical review, whether it is automobile or motorcycle...
Left last year the theft of its 2cv, we suspected that we in the daytime or the other one, the collection would be scattered it will be made on March 17th for the study Ozenat.
I do not know if one of you can preserve one of these surprising machines, but I hope that they will be in lover's hands and of respectful as was  Mr Brioult.
Jdo

juste remeber that , biscooter " lil truck, and postman  were built only one prototype for truck, and 3 for postman; versus biplace , or 3.or 4 seats that were closer to 10 each ( in weiner museum auction !)

"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Great stuff ! I like french micros - the number plates are longer than the wheelbase
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Its like villages. The smaller they are the larger the title. You got to like these French machines, so different.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
auction will be on sunday 17th ... if you want to save a voisin prototype ......
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Dear Jean Do

A question for you. Why do all the Voisin Biscooter prototypes have right hand drive, and all other French cars of that time had left hand drive.?

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
well spotted chris ! certainly a few of them are
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
I just love the truck, that would be the ultimate microcar transporter
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
It is normal for delivery type vehicles to be RHD in some countries that are LHD as it was safer/easier for the operator to work. I believe some Goggo Transporters were thus in Germany, but they are not British market despite that some were sold here to a laundry, a dairy and printing supply firm of all things.
For a similar reason up until quite late top class vehicles that were chauffeur driven were RHD in France. I still kick myself for not buying either a La Licorne 6 cylinder 6.2 litre (very rare) or Renault 6 cylinder Dr Coupe I found in an amazing scrap yard. Neither were cheap, but nor expensive either and you tend to only get one chance at such offerings. Both were RHD. It was suggested this was because Napoleonic law adopted the change from the knightly etiquette of passing to the right of your oncoming person, including jousting, to the non aristocratic passing to the left, citizen. Certainly when cars became available it was the rich that bought them and initially drove as RHD. However on reaching a town it was required to change sides of the road. Of course this was not a great system so it was decreed that France be LHD and stick with Napoleon.
So as Voisin had made great cars and aircraft for the upper classes did he just feel that these smaller, humble cars should be RHD too?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs