Author Topic: Lynne Marshall  (Read 4810 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Lynne Marshall
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »
It is with deep sadness I have to announce the death of Tony's wife Lynne, who helped to produce and print RUMCAR NEWS all the years Tony was it's editor.

I have just had the phone call I have been expecting all weekend from Tony, Lynne died this morning at 4 am in hospital with Tony by her side. Apparently she died very peacefully, without any pain, in her sleep.  Tony is of course devastated and is at the moment keeping himself busy with all the formalities.  Fortunately he is in contact locally with an  Englishman who has been living out there for some time  who has recently lost his wife too and who is therefore able to support him a little.

Tony asked me to let all his many friends in the microcar world know, and to thank them for all the support he has been given in these last years during Lynne's illness and their move to France.

May Lynne now Rest in Peace and God be Tony's Strength and Comforter.

Jean
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:54:02 AM by Jean »
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Lynne Marshall
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »
Please accept my sincere condolences Tony. I liked Lynn very much, we had quite a few chats about her passion for BSA Bantams over the years. Fond memories. I echo Jeans sentiments, stay strong.  2 Cor 1:3   Bob

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »
Tough times for Tony. Been in minor touch with him over the last few months and just today, of course. I hope I can get to see him when he comes over, as he was thinking to as part of the healing process last week. See if we can help continue to get stuff sorted out in Wolverton and moved to France. The best legacy out of this will be to see Tony happy and well ensconced with his favourite collectables safe in France in the place they chose. I would rather he was just down the road so we could be nutty together (I dream of a whole village of shedding folk - Great Shedding, Dumplingshire) but you cannot have everything you want. Perhaps part of France will become bonkers instead. We can hope.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:03:10 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »
To all Tony's friends

Tony rarely looks at the Forum (Lynne used to find it for him)  So please, if you wish him to see your messages, email him on Tonyrumcars@aol.com

Thanks Jean
Jean

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 04:32:57 PM »
Goggo just phoned me with this sad news. I only met Tony and Lynne twice and not for all that long but instantly liked them and this is terrible news.Will send Tony an email too. RIP
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
From Lynne's Face Book page

This is Lynne and Tony's daughter Kim Pavey. I'm devastated to have to tell you Mum passed away in the early hours of this morning (February 11th) in the hospital at Gueret. It was quiet and peaceful. Tony was with her.

For those of you who didn't know, which I think was probably almost everyone until the last few days, Mum was diagnosed with advanced cancer in 2010. She didn't want anyone told ...because she wanted to carry on living as full a life as possible for as long as possible, and didn't want anyone to feel sorry for her.

We are not making funeral arrangements at this time but I ask you to all please keep Tony in your thoughts and prayers. It is a hard time for both of us but it is he who bears the burden of bringing mum "home", wherever we ultimately decide that "home" will be.

Thank you all for being part of my mum's life xxx
Jean

3horsepower

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
This is such sad news - Lynne was an incredibly brave and determined lady who still had so many dreams to fulfill.  Our thoughts are with Tony and daughter Kim, whose love supported Lynne and gave her remarkable strength throughout this difficult time.
We will miss Lynne.

Lesley, Michael & Jamie xxx 
Lesley 3 horse power Cook:)