Author Topic: Weiner auction live feed  (Read 53097 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: Weiner auction live feed
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 07:29:33 PM »
Great news Stuart, better get polishing it  ;)
I suspect some foul play with the P50 selling price though.  An on-line bidder from Nottingham was giving it a good push to keep prices buoyant  :o

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 07:39:39 PM »
 Scootacar Mk 1 is due on at about 8.30pm. Will this break the bank we wonder after the 15k one on ebay last year...

Rob Dobie's old Bond Mk C is due on around 9pm....    :)

Additional;

Bond Bug makes $15,000 !!!!   :o
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:51:26 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 07:45:05 PM »
Another World Record price!  Bob Purton's old Frisky Family Three makes $50,000.  (£32,216)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »
for rarity he should really have had a Gordon or a Bruetsch Pfeil i think  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »
See what the rest make but these silly prices  will kill it for the genuine enthusiast
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
 The blog's gone & crashed now! Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible....

General message from Jim; If anyone's following the live blog, don't keep pressing the refresh button! The blog updates itself automatically as each car sells. The more you yourself hits "refresh" the slower the updates come....

20.50pm  Up & running again!

And Lot 289 is the first Messerschmitt to make MORE than it's estimate, coming in at $67.500 (Estimate $45-55,000). Is the Messechmitt/Issetta price war still set to kick off one wonders.....   :)

The Pel P50 is still the highest-grossing car so far.....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:56:27 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 08:58:53 PM »
Hi Blob

Re  Zeta Sports

They didn't make a production Zeta Sports with a hard top, that one on sale is an early prototype fitted with a Frisky roof and a "trial" side door there were a couple tried before Harold Lightburn decided "no doors" which lead to a falling out with Gorden Bedson who left them to it.
John

Nice price for the Frisky, but it still needs sorting out, pretty but  not all original.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
9.05pm; The Coca-cola Goggo Transporter overtakes the Peel P50 as highest-grossing car so-far, bringing in $120,000 (£88,895 inc fees etc)    :o

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:37 PM »
21.44pm Jim has stopped the live blogging due to people not leaving their "refresh" buttons alone & thus causing the site to collapse repeatedly. That's probably all we're gonna get for reports now until after the end of today's play & Jim can update in peace overnight....   :(

THANKS TO EVERYONE HAMMERING THE WEBSITE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD:
I’VE HAD TO TEMPORARILY TAKE ALL RESULTS OFF-LINE
They will be back after the website cools and down and I can update things.
I am really behind on uploading results because I can’t access the site.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 01:32:33 AM »
Thanks Stuart

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57:29 AM »
yes, side is collapsed. i cant get access too! Last lot i could follow was 286 !!
Sad, but some many folks seems to watch what change the microcar world.
I am looking forward tommorow.
Regards to all of you, watching the games :-)

Ferdi

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »
Well results are back up.
Apparently it is the only place to see them!
Some changes in store for Day 2.   Results will be delayed while I upload them.
Hopefully that will help.
I guess if you want instant results you will have to watch their live streaming video, or be there in person.

One way or another, you will get something tomorrow.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »
Hi Blob

Re  Zeta Sports

They didn't make a production Zeta Sports with a hard top, that one on sale is an early prototype fitted with a Frisky roof and a "trial" side door there were a couple tried before Harold Lightburn decided "no doors" which lead to a falling out with Gorden Bedson who left them to it.
John

Nice price for the Frisky, but it still needs sorting out, pretty but  not all original.

"Harold Lightburn decided "no doors" which lead to a falling out"   I like that John! :D Was it intended?

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »
To be honest Bob No, but I'll accept the applause!

I must pay more attention to what I say, I am sure Stuart miss understood my recent comments on the use of lard to free things up!!

John 

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »

Is the Messechmitt/Issetta price war still set to kick off one wonders.....   :)

The Pel P50 is still the highest-grossing car so far.....

All this proves to me is that the majority of high value buyers are not/will not drive the cars and are buying from the point of view of visual and stylistic reasons not collectors or drivers motivations. The collectors are coming in underneath to clean up the left overs. This is exactly as expected and matches what happened at Christies. Bruce has done wonders with the publicity so the only people who do not know the auction is on live on several Andermman Isles, central New Guinea and deep in the Amazon basin where they are more interested in eating the neighbours. As at Christies a lot of owners will be running around thinking their cars are suddenly worth a fortune forgetting that these prices are part of what is the occasion and in most cases unrepeatable in a single private sale. That and it is clear the bling factor is important. Good job as the collectors are able to have a go at some of the more original stuff that looks a bit scruffy.

I am glad I bought my Schmitts and stuff when I did. From here on it is all getting to expensive to be worth it for the ordinary punter sadly. No doubt a lot of new folk will be interested and much education will be needed to re-stabilize things a bit. Until then a few mistakes will be made and there could be tears before bedtime. I predict it is a good time to move into the USA and become a restorer/dealer in these cars, make a killing and vanish. Any takers?

I await to see if my other suspicions are proved correct as until the dust settles all is speculation in absence of full facts.

Glad Stuart is enjoying the show. The Murray Walker of the underpowered bollide.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs