Author Topic: Rare micros with hoods up  (Read 41033 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Rare micros with hoods up
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:35 AM »
golly so did mine bob  :) i can well remember the well protected bonce after her saturday morning perm .

back to hoods then - only two of these cars left i think so it qualifies
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
the worst ad ever ? of course for the younger ones that would have read

" DRIVE HER HOME IN STYLE FOR LESS THAN A PENNY A MILE ! " - give that copywriter a lollipop"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:42:06 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »
the burgfalke link - lots of info on it and most of it wrong !! nice to see our friend gerry frederics putting his site to the fore without mentioning it's his ! the owner writes saying it's a burgfalke but would like more info. this followed by contributors , including Bruetsch owning charles gould  , stating that it's a victoria , it is not - it's a burgfalke presumably the owner has some paperwork to say so or you would not come up with this variant . a variation on a theme but still !
bruce had a burgfalke , one i think he said of the two imported , and also at least one victoria didn't he .
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:06:51 PM by richard »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 01:14:28 PM »
bruce had a burgfalke , one i think he said of the two imported , and also at least one victoria didn't he .

Yes he did, and it is the same one that is pictured above.  Only one is known to exist in the US at this time. It is also the same one pictured in the Hemmings link posted.
I wrote the description card for the car here:  http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/burgfalke.html
There is very little information written about the car or the company.
Last fall, someone came to visit the museum collection that claimed that his father worked at the factory, I'm trying to get back in touch with him to see what other information he may or may not have. Another German attendee at the auction itself had a bit more information on the history of the car and the company and hopefully there will be a nice little package about this car available in the future.  I know who bought it and it has a good home and will be well-cared for and probably driven and brought to shows, but not restored.

I'd forgotten to put this as a note in my "to do" list, so thanks for the reminder.  The rest of this thread is great fun too.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 01:22:48 PM »
thanks jim suspected that you must know the story . if i might post just one of the photo's from your link - lovely to hear no plans to restore as that is a car with great history and in super condition

- rare micro with tonneau on -
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:28:22 PM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 02:02:37 PM »
the worst ad ever ? of course for the younger ones that would have read

" DRIVE HER HOME IN STYLE FOR LESS THAN A PENNY A MILE ! " - give that copywriter a lollipop"

NIce add AND there wearing Woolworths pacamaks!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »
i think you would find the discerning Gordon owner was not a drip ! and would be wearing a felt Trilby,gaberdine Mackintosh and rubber Galoshes bob !

here the other Tourette hood pic-  i have also ( i hope ) gone back and posted it next to the other pic to compare - note also very different angle of side screen
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:22:35 PM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
okay we cant see how far forward the hoop is on the red photo . obviously it's one less hoop than the b/w but which one - only you can see whats going on

Maybe the side view will illustrate what I mean better.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2013, 02:25:51 PM »
just picture the scene bob the driver upon leaving the car manages to upset the gathered puddle over the head of disembarking passenger  :D :D immediate purchase of a Morris Minor - saloon !
actually this missing rail is obviously the same mistake, amongst many , made on my Bruetsch Pfeil - see earlier pic. if there is only one intermediate hoop you cannot get a curve to the vinyl roof therefore giving it an angular outline . the whole point of these cars is the curvy rounded shape which must be replicated in the roof outline . might i suggest first move is replicating a proper curve , as the mopetta, BEFORE deciding on positioning of fasteners and height of roof rails - the curved profile "pramhood" is essential for the tourettes curves

just researching the set-up for a set of hood rails to fit the Bond G Tourer i am working on . i will need to make 2 similar hoops with the same curve but one smaller than the other in order that they fold down into each other - how best to bend and what type of tube is the question - perhaps i will wait until bob has done the hardwork after all i have given him the pics to help him eh  ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:07:22 PM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
I am clueless as to what you are talking about Richard, I dont own a Tourette!

As I recall the steel hood frame on my Mkc and D were made of flat steel bar.

Just in case any Americans are reading this thread you do appreciate that a hood is a canvas roof and not an engine cover? , that is a bonnet! I remember some years ago when I sold a certain American museum owner the BMA Hazelcar, I mentioned that it didnt have a hood, he angrily replied, why are all English people in need of a Lobotomy!, [yes quite rude really!] what good is a car to me with no hood?!!! After which I explained that the car had a bonnet but no soft top. He climbed down but by then the damage was done!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »
my spelling at fault bob .

americans aren't reading this bob - their just looking at the pictures  ;D  i am sure they can take the joke  :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:01:19 PM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »
Are you sure you dont want to amend that Richard?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2013, 06:14:26 PM »
The more I look at that side view of the hood the more I think that the hood its self could be the right cut, it looks like it has enough sag in it to accommodate the missing hoop without any alterations.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »
Are you sure you dont want to amend that Richard?

Why? I got the joke.  I thought it was pretty good.