Author Topic: 'Scmitt KR200 brings good result at H&H Buxton 26.2.13  (Read 6321 times)

Mike Wood

• Just Starting

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
Re: 'Scmitt KR200 brings good result at H&H Buxton 26.2.13
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
Its what happens when people pay big money for Tigers
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 05:26:17 PM »
My car is a little tattier than that and has been off the road a similar time and I am upping its insurance valuation from £10k to £16k

The one needing restored at Madison was about £18k after commissions so £16k is almost reasonable. Gone are the days of cheap cars.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:49 AM »
Given the spread of the KR200s sold recently this is probably a reasonable price at auction in Britain. It is in line with what my statistical analysis of values could be post auction and on which I am basing my collection/stock reshuffle for keepers and weakest. It will be interesting to know if the yellow 'schmitt is going for export. I was quite shocked to see what 'standard' Fiat Jollys go for now doing this research. It surprised me by representing one of my two most valuable cars along with the KR201 - the TG500 is by no means far enough along as yet but has more potential, allegedly. Yet there is really only one of these cars I will never part with and the other two fell into my lap as well. Luck has its part to play but only if you recognize it for what it is and grasp the opportunity.

On a slightly differing topic the feed back from a few sources confirmed what I have held to be the case for sometime now. Quite a few American buyers will not readily buy cars from Britain as the quality of the restoration is not good enough, nor does the specification of parts used meet their standards of finish. So our market is likely to remain slightly depressed in relation to elsewhere with only the top cars and original unmolested rarities getting pulled off. That might please those worried about keeping cars in this country to maintain a hobby stock at lower prices. I find it rather amusing. The pupil has become the teacher, in a way. It does mean I have several very serious restoration jobs ahead of me, though, if I hope to access the best markets with the best cars for a good result.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:46 AM »
By that you mean we don't over restore / ruin them
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:24:19 AM »
I agree with Richard on that one - Isettas are meant to have spot welds all along the back!

Mind you, it's only a problem if you want to buy something I guess. I'll stick with my tatty schmitt that cost £200 and not care that it isn't perfect.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »

I could not possibly comment on that specifically. Depends what turns you on and who pays the money really. I admit to being hypocritical as I am happy to have my stuff in its condition but to sell things I do not want on the inflated market, if I can achieve it. I suspect I am not the only one.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:08 AM »

I like microcars restored to a high standard even if some object and cry "over restored" but I do remember seeing some of the cars at the Christies sale that bruce had Peter restore and they did look like they had been lowered into a vat of molten plastic! One thing that cannot be denied is that the USA is where the enthusiasm is these days. Just look at the Isetta  forum, uk based but totally dominated by Americans, I feel like I'm intruding when ever I post anything, sometimes I'm even told I am! I'm glad this forum is not like that yet but it does demonstrate that the US is where its happening. I dare say we will carry on in our more resereved approach to the hobby until they have all the cars and we will be sitting in a field swapping brochures! ;D ;D ;D

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
You do not have to  worry about me buying any cars. I am happy with one Frisky. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:44:50 PM by Mark USA »
1958 FriskySport

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
You do not have to  worry about me buying any cars. I am happy with one Frisky. :)
i don't mind what you buy! Send me a king midget or a Crossley in return though