Author Topic: New Scooter and Microcar book  (Read 5838 times)

Alan

• Just Starting
New Scooter and Microcar book
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:01:20 PM »
Mike Dan, once a familiar face in the Microcar scene has just had published by Veloce (Veloce.co.uk)
"The A-Z of popular Scooters and Microcars" - description on Veloce website, also review on motorbooks.co.uk.
There is a lot of infromation here, thoroughly researched- lots of nice photos taken by Mike.Inside the book you will probably recognise some familiar Microcars!Maybe RumCars could promote or sell it- that would be nice. It has taken Mike several years , trying several publishers to get this together. so I hope it rewards his efforts.Good luck Mike. (I was once Editor of Micromag- Bristol Microcar Club - but no bubbles with me at the moment!-) :)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: New Scooter and Microcar book
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »
We are waiting for  a review copy from Veloce but they tell us they have not been sent out yet.  Sadly that means it will be the Summer issue of RUMCAR NEWS before we can do the proper review.  However Foyles are going to stock it and it can be obtained through the  RUM BookShop just as soon as it is on the shelves.  Adam Quellin's microcar book also published by Veloce is on our book listing and there will be a review of that in the next RUMCAR News which should be with you by the end of the month.  If you don't subscribe to the magazine already now is the time to do so, its only £14 a year and an extremely good read.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

inacoma

Re: Rumcar news
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:21:31 AM »
Hi Jean.

I agree about Rumcar news being a good read.

I have finished the 25 - 30 I purchased and have had no response yet from anyone who has spare back issues you have run out of.

Would it be viable to get some more copys done of ones you are out of stock of, or would the cost be more than you could sell them for anyway.

Having now read the various issues fom aprox 1998- 2007 I can see the love and care that has gone into producing the mags. and the most recent issues are head and shoulders above the old ones in terms of production quality and professionalism.

Well done to everyone involved, you are voted my favourite magazine.

Anyone out there with spare back issues please let me know as I have D.T's without new stuff to read.

Ta

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »
Hi John. I could lend you some early ones if you want to copy them and send them back. Let me know. Bob

inacoma

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 03:17:01 PM »
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the offer of ones to copy.

If I get no response from my offer to buy, when the mag comes out soon I would be most grateful, and take you up on this kind offer.

Keep us informed about the Willam.

ATB

John